The Junior to mid-level Java Developer will be part of a cross functional agile team to support Financial Risk Management. This individual will be part of 1 or more projects that will help identify Risk in semi real-time across millions of our customers. This individual will work closely with developers, a scrum master and product owners.
What you are good at
- Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Accountable for application security principles including the development of secure coding standards and practices.
- Is a key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions.
- Help provide devops ideas and technology solutions
- Help support new tasks along with enhancing existing software
- Help troubleshoot complex issues in both development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Flexibility in helping additional technology areas
What you have
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ Years of Java Programming experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 2+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 2+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems. (preferred but not required)
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency (preferred but no required)
- Financial services experience (preferred but not required)
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and makes decisions
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.