QA Engineer - Trading Systems
As a member of Advisor Services Technology, Service Availability and Engineering team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. The platforms we develop and support are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as customizable trading and allocation tools for equities, mutual funds, ETFs, and options; real-time portfolio analytics, and advanced charting. data integration, reporting and much more.
We are looking for skilled candidates who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies and hit the ground running in order to deliver exceptional solutions for the production resiliency of the systems. The role incorporates aspects of software engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications. The role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
What you are good at
- Interact and communicate well with business partners and development team to understand business concepts and objectives, issues and prioritize fixes.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including Functional, Regression, Integration testing for UI, Database and API.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure Quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Generate complex test plans, testcase data, release procedures and testing scripts based upon functional specifications.
- Execute manual/automation test cases, coordinate and execute tests, log and validate defects, debug and document.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
- Efficient to Work on multiple projects without compromising the Quality of the Product.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirement and meets end-user expectations.
What you have
- Able to analyze and understand business requirement to develop and execute manual Testcases and there by create automation scripts if applicable.
- Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of testing and analysis, including software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols.
- Experience with Architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work on aggressive schedules. May require work beyond normal hours (weekends or evenings).
- Working knowledge of SQL- create queries to verify test results or Troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in test automation tools preferably in Selenium, Cucumber.
- Develop and implement automated test scripts and integrate them into software delivery pipeline.
- Must haves:
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance for complex projects.
- Experience in Black box and White box testing techniques and tools.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Postman/SOAP UI.
- Experience with performance and load testing (Jmeter)
- Unix /Linux Shell scripting and command.
- Programming experience Java, Java script or Python highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of complex Options, Futures, Order Matching and Routing principles
- Experienced in implementing real time trading applications.
- Experience with test-driven development.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.