Quality Assurance Engineer
Charles Schwab’s quality assurance software test engineers engage in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life impacting moves with their financial worth. We are looking for software test engineers who love their craft and who know that career development means becoming a master of your craft. This position will be part of Advisor Services Technology at Schwab and we will focus on increasing quality through end to end testing, reducing time to market and increasing efficiency. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, able to manage several testing efforts in different phases and embrace change passionately.
What you are good at
We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer to join the Advisor Services Technology team to help deliver advisor facing interactive web applications. You must see yourself as high energy and be someone who seeks out engagement with team members. You must be able to coach others as well as be open to receiving coaching. Schwab is a highly collaborative environment, so working well with others is a must.
- Pursue strong testing practices through a culture of continuous improvement
- Share in the vision of the product and drive team towards that vision
- Develop end to end test scenarios with the advisor in mind and have a clear understanding of the entire process flow
- Actively participate in requirements review sessions, peer test case reviews, run defect review sessions with development teams and product owners and develop and execute end to end test cases.
- Be at the forefront of evolving the way we work across teams and the company by incorporating design thinking, a multi-channel approach, and end to end collaboration
What you have
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience (academic or direct experience, including best practices) in the IT field
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience in Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, Web Services, SQL Server
- Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Sense of urgency and commitment to providing the best support possible to both internal and external clients
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills
- Must be able to act in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for various projects and initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing small-to-medium sized projects
- Must possess a solid understanding of how various systems and applications interact
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in Automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
- Should be familiar with C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, , HTML, XML
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.