This position is for a Staff Tester in Schwab’s Advisor Services Technology (AST) on one of multiple scrum teams focused on the Schwab Advisor Center (SAC).
The AST team is responsible for building applications for independent, registered financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, paperless transactions, reporting and much more.
AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Be a hands-on advocate and leader for test automation, drive continuous integration and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy
- Set and communicate automation strategies and processes for web services, APIs, middleware, UI etc., evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
- Keep automation current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
- Assist developers with robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed; understanding or practice of TDD, ATDD, and BDD a significant plus.
- Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvements
- Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
- Collaborate with automation experts to plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across SAC and AST
- Maintain tools used in automation development, including source control, test management, and release systems
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices, working cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on- and off-shore to define environment requirements and identify test tools
- Work with assigned product teams, product owners and scrum masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on application programming and/or test automation/framework experience in an Agile development environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with, influence and collaborate with application architects, development, testing organizations, and business teams
- Experience developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies and ceremonies, iterative development processes and collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Hip Chat) is essential
- Motivation and passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning and staying on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and skills to work with resources in different geographic locations, including offshore
- Experience with testing web services, APIs, and backend infrastructure such as messaging systems, using tools such as Parasoft SOATest, SOAPUI and Advanced Rest Client.
- Experience in UI automation using Java and Selenium
- Experience with QTP and codedUI helpful; those tools used for SAC legacy automated scripts
- Windows and .net a very strong plus
- Object Oriented methodology familiarity
- Database testing using relational databases such as Oracle; tools such as TOAD and SQL Server; white box testing using PL-SQL; MongoDB helpful
- Experience with CI /CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Zephyr, Bit Bucket, Shell Scripting/PowerShell, Splunk
- Hands-on experience with server and configuration management
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Financial industry and/or brokerage knowledge
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.