Sr Manager, eLearning / Digital Content Designer
The AS Business Consulting & Education (BCE) team creates and delivers industry-leading consulting, benchmarking, and education programs that help advisors achieve their goals and gain competitive advantage. Its extensive offer includes the RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week ‘Insight to Action’ consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program and more. BCE programs are developed by a skilled program team and delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants. The team’s success is grounded in its deep expertise in core business issues firms face and its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that convert insights into actions that advisors can implement in their firms
What you are good at
As a key contributor to the BCE team, the eLearning / Digital Content Designer, Senior Manager will be responsible for important projects such as: (1) the instructional design and development of on-demand client-facing content (2) extracting and synthesizing information from product and technology experts and translating it into storyboards and digital authoring tools; (3) driving the innovation of how digital education is packaged and delivered to advisors. Through this work, the Senior Manager will partner with Schwab team members, so the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively is a must. Key business partners include the BCE team, Schwab technology teams, Marketing, Vendor Management, and product experts.
Successful BCE team members are energized by the opportunity to build relationships and develop innovative content in a highly collaborative environment, intellectually curious and passionate about learning new things. This is role is fitting for someone who is experienced in instructional design and/or creating digital content but is constantly challenging themselves to push the status quo when it comes to content delivery. A person who is successful in this role would be instrumental in helping the BCE team develop digital learning experiences and content that drives high engagement, supports business outcomes, and empowers advisors to reach their goals. The development and management of a scalable, repeatable and cost-effective strategy is also paramount.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills, including the ability to develop recommendations, influence partners and present updates
- Desire to continuously develop your skills
- Ability to develop and manage a project plan
- Manage subject matter experts and stakeholder relationships to clearly identify, extract and synthesize complex technical material into high quality, digital education content to drive desired outcomes
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge retention and transfer through the development of storyboards, scripts and a variety of digital content / media formats to achieve objectives (i.e. motion graphics videos, demos, simulations, infographics, games, digital guidebooks, etc)
- Proactively assess business initiatives and client needs to identify training opportunities and design using the appropriate digital medium
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with cross-functional subject matter experts
- Immersion into various product working teams to identify, consult and design training that drive business outcomes
- Leverage a wide toolkit of technology resources to create digital resources that are cost effective, timely, high quality and appropriate for the objective
- Drive the firm’s elearning strategy and prioritize competing initiatives
- Experience creating dynamic educational content using authoring tools such as video/audio recording and editing software, Articulate Storyline/Rise 360, Captivate, HTML, Adobe suite, After Effects, Premier Pro, etc.
- Willingness to continue to learn, embrace continuous improvement, and to leverage technological innovations and advancements
- Support with learning management system maintenance (uploading content, reporting, version control, etc)
- Experience developing technology, systems, or product training content
- Experience serving the financial services industry is preferred but not required
Target Total Compensation - $92,200 -$145,800.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.