Sr Node.js Backend Engineer (Remote)
The Sr Node.js Engineer is responsible for back-end, hands-on development of applications and services for Schwab & TDAmeritrade's Cloud Platforms capabilities. As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for system design and providing thought leadership in the full lifecycle from concept to production.
This role will serve as a SME on the Cloud Platforms team and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and the needs of the business. This role will mentor and lead junior developers on specific modules while ensuring development practices are in-line with industry and company best practices and policies.
What you are good at
- Hands on back-end development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provides code reviews of various development tasks
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensures the practice is followed consistently
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provide analysis of problems and recommends solutions
What you have
- Master's Degree preferred, Bachelor's Degree required; Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, or Jasmine preferred
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models preferred
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Unix / Linux experience
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Be able to create and articulate design / implementation options and tradeoff to peers, tech leads, and management
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to understand all phases of SDLC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new / emerging technologies as required
Target Total Compensation - $111,600 - $182,200 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.