Application Oracle / SQL DBA
The AST Data Services Group is part of Advisor Services Technology and is responsible for all of AST Data and Mainframes platform. The team is in need of a Software Applications Engineer to help with several Database road map projects and initiatives and SAC database work.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.”
What you are good at
Support end-to-end data solution delivery for multiple Agile product teams
- Hands-on design, development and delivery for Enterprise-level Oracle, MS SQL Server and NO-SQL databases
- Write queries, views, stored procedures and other DB objects
- Work effectively with scrum teams towards the common goal of delivering top-notch solutions to our Advisor services customers
- Provide tier-2 production support and participate in on-call rotation
- Mentor and train Associate, Staff and offshore developers as needed
- Assist with streamlining and organizing documentation, share knowledge, ideas and concepts with the team, collaborate and truly believe in the concept of team work
What you have
- Have strong database development skills gained through 7+ years hands on experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Oracle Database Adminstation expereince
- Have excellent Oracle and SQL Server Design and development skills – PL/SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Packages, Triggers, Unix/Linux Shell scripting.
- Oracle Certification
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux Shell scripting (Korn Shell (KSH), BASH, etc.)
- Knowledge of Informatica and MongoDB is nice to have
- Experience with job scheduling systems (ESP, Autosys, Cron, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft TFS; C#/.NET is a plus
- Prior experience in Financial industry is a plus
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadlines and be able to work under pressure during production issues
- Ability to work independently and also well together as a member of cross-functional teams in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Must be passionate about data and for delivering high-quality data solutions in an agile fashion, working in agile teams
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, coupled with a desire to take on responsibilities
- Must have a growth mindset, be able to think big picture, a yearning to learn all Advisor Services Technology Products and applications, rather than just the data requirements.
- Experience writing good documentation - detailed design, functional specifications or technical requirements
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jira, Remedy, Jenkins, Bamboo and BitBucket are nice to have
- Must have a track record of being detailed oriented, self-starter and deliverables with minimal defects
- Must be solutions-oriented, a critical thinker and an excellent communicator – both written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.