Investment Consultant, Portfolio Solutions Group- Lone Tree, CO
Fundamentally, we believe all investors should have access to advice and financial guidance without compromise. We help clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management solutions utilizing a rigorous investment methodology. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a commitment to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals.
This position is part of a team of experts who provide guidance to clients over the phone. Our Investment Consultants partner with clients to understand their goals, wishes, and concerns so that they can successfully plan for their financial futures. This role includes uncovering and understanding how life events will impact client needs. Our Investment Consultants work with clients to provide confidence and clarity regarding their overall financial lives and provide actionable recommendations that will benefit and help strengthen their overall plan.
What you are good at
As an Investment Consultant at Charles Schwab, you will provide clients with planning guidance, suggestions around their financial needs and goals, and recommend investment solutions aligned with their stated needs. Specific responsibilities include:
Planning and Portfolio Strategies
- Partner with clients via phone based interactions to ensure their current managed solution is in the client’s best interest
- Serve as a product expert for our managed account solutions
- Prepare for client appointments by reviewing financial plan details and create potential investment recommendations and action items for the client
- Quickly build rapport with clients and conduct discovery conversations to better understand their financial needs
- Provide education regarding financial planning topics
Business Development and Retention
- Demonstrate the value and importance of partnering with an investment professional on an ongoing basis
- Recommend and subsequently enroll clients into managed solutions based on the client’s individual plan and personal needs
- Apply a consultative approach to assess and determine appropriate solutions to meet client’s goals and needs
- Uncover development opportunities to further deepen our clients’ overall relationship with Schwab
- Proactively follow-up with clients to resolve service requests
Relationship Management and Organization
- Proactively contact clients via phone and digital methods
- Manage client appointments and personal calendar to ensure availability and an efficient approach to practice management
- Conduct follow-up appointment activities and connect clients with internal specialists or departments based on individual needs
- Embrace organizational change and adopt new technologies to improve the client experience
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a collaborative team of 10-12 professionals with a supportive manager focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations
- Learn from a variety of mentors, coaches and leaders that are focused on you and your career at Schwab
- Respond to client research and service requests, including questions regarding their portfolio, financial markets, cashiering, and account opening and funding.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for planning, understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients.
- Provide investment education to our clients to empower them to make well-informed financial decisions
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute our strategy. Essential skills include:
- CFP® designation preferred
- Active FINRA Series 7
- Active FINRA Series 66 (may be obtained within 120 days of employment)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of financial services experience
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter mindset
- Polished interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team based environment.
- Open to ongoing coaching and development to achieve positive client outcomes and career aspirations
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.