Manager - Third Party Risk Operations
As a Manager on the Risk and Controls team in Corporate Vendor Management (CVM), you are responsible for the execution of CVM’s Third-party Risk Assessment and Vendor Due Diligence program activities. In this role, you will follow a risk-based approach to support business partners across the firm in the accurate, efficient, and complete assessment of their third-party inherent risks. Your expertise will aid in your business partner’s visibility and understanding of the risks they incur when working with third-parties and the controls their vendors need to mitigate those risks.
Corporate Vendor Management follows the three lines of defense model for risk governance. You will be a first line of defense partner responsible for compliance with all policies and procedures, as well as all applicable regulatory requirements in the context of the position.
Workplace Flexibility Program- We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
Implement risk assessment and oversight activities:
- Facilitate the assessment of new and review existing third party inherent risk, using questionnaires to collect and document risk ratings
- Use your close attention to detail and effective follow up to drive completion of risk assessments and identify obstacles to contracting or continued relationships with third parties
- Review completed risk assessments and confirm completion of due diligence prior to agreement signature
- Anticipate the effects of decisions on the organization and on other functions
- Ensure that all activities and efforts are consistent with Schwab policies and guidelines and in alignment with regulatory guidance
- Responsible for adhering to third-party risk metrics supporting completeness, accuracy and timeliness of third-party risk activities
- Assists with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other functions, including Bank Outsourcing and Oversight Management, Corporate Risk Management teams, and other internal business partners
What you have
- 3+ years professional experience ideally in vendor management, risk management, internal audit
- 2+ years of experience working in a regulated financial services environment
- Ability to work independently with close attention to detail with a record of tracking and measuring results
- Consistent record to handle ambiguity, while carrying out new requirements
- Able to build positive relationships throughout the organization
- Knowledge of internal controls, financial/banking regulations, operational risk and/or vendor due diligence is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience is required
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications is required, and experience with Ariba Cloud and Hiperos is preferred
Target Total Compensation - 83,800 - 132,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.