Manager, IT Product Management
Schwab Operations provides operational support for all Schwab enterprises including, but not limited to, Advisor Services, Investor Services and Schwab’s International business. Schwab Operations supports external and internal clients, Branch Financial Consultants and Independent Investment Advisors to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by creating and delivering a world-class operational support experience while also focusing on employee loyalty and team collaboration.
The Middle Office Services (MOS) Asset Transfer Platform team is responsible for facilitating the modernization and maintaining the viability of Schwab systems that support cash management solutions, transfer of assets and mitigating risks associated with the processing of their transactions for retail and institutional business. The team leverages its business and technical expertise in partnership with business and technology stakeholders to implement a strategic vision for the platform including participation in design, requirements development, prioritization, development, testing and certification activities. The Product Owner (PO) plays a critical role in realization of the platform vision with focus on individual systems and their enterprise interdependencies.
Within this team, the PO will report to the Managing Director overseeing Asset Transfers and Cash Management Solutions core system functionality. The individual in this role will collaborate with key business & IT stakeholders and partners in defining scope, interpreting requirements and priorities for the modernization and transformation of these systems. The role will require the PO to have a mix of business and technical knowledge, acting as a liaison/partner to maintain business and IT alignment. The ideal PO should possess a good understanding of the securities industry, software development life-cycle and a holistic view for their products.
What you are good at
- Serve as the primary contact between our business and IT partners to ensure that business requirements are well documented and technical solutions transformed to meet business strategies
- Conduct requirement-elicitation meetings with users, developers, system design architects, system integrators and vendors; understanding the context of critical stakeholder needs, pain points and business impact
- Provide thought-leadership on vision; roadmaps for system development and achieving sprint goals
- Focus on outcomes rather than just output
- Partner with cross-functional business and technology teams to create process models, user epics/stories and/or initial use case survey/use cases
- Understand both business and technical dependencies between business areas and within systems that support or may be impacted by middle office functionality; upstream as well as downstream
- Perform planning and scoping for several inter-related initiatives to help senior-level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how
- Elicit, document and manage business requirements
- Facilitate and drive issues resolution and retrospectives between stakeholders
- Develop expert ‘As Is’ knowledge of platform systems and help define ‘To Be’ system solutions and flows
- Handle complex, high profile projects (across multiple domains, systems and stakeholders)
- Adapt to changing priorities and managing of multiple tasks
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other BAs as it relates to specific projects
- Learn all middle office services business processes and system flows at a high level, and some flows in extreme detail
- Support business implementation process for new and/or enhanced system features
- Assist with training and support to frontline staff as appropriate
What you have
- Strategic mindset to help drive product management decisions, governance, and long-term vision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business; quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Confidence in presenting both strategic and tactical vision to the team and management for both big-picture planning and day-to-day management of project goal
- Ability to align and unify ALLstakeholders to a shared vision and a common focus; including senior leaders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Product and project management skills; business judgment, including ability to balance resources, evaluate and address risks, and concisely articulate where trade-off decisions are to be made
- Strong orientation to clients, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to product enhancements, online user experience, and communication content (internal and external)
- Ability to analyze and communicate technology recommendations to business stakeholders
- 3-to- 5 years’ experience managing requirements for multiple large, complex and cross functional projects. Emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign, and knowledge of technical environments
- 5 years’ experience in software development methodology (Agile Framework), preferred
- Proven ability to write business requirements, including user stories, use case development and work flow documentation
- High attention to detail and the ability to see things through from concept to implementation
- Securities Industry/Operational background preferred; a focus on cash management solutions
- Prior working knowledge of JIRA or any related Scrum tools preferred
- Competence in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
You demonstrate these leadership profile behaviors:
- Purpose Driven: Have a customer-centric (external & internal) thought process when analyzing and evaluating enhancements; maintain alignment with “Through Clients’ Eyes”
- Relationship Oriented: Build trusted and long lasting partnerships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization. This is critical to communicating and attaining a shared vision and a common focus.
- Collaborative: Capitalize on the diverse experience and expertise of colleagues and build commitment around vision and priorities; collaboration is a fundamental aspect of Agile development.
- Challenger: Propose innovative business solutions that would potentially benefit our customers; create increased efficiencies, greater governance and scalability for future growth.
- Courageous: Demonstrate self-confidence in your abilities and be willing to speak up to the right person or group at the right time when he/she disagrees with a decision or strategy. Approach challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
- Overcomes Barriers: As a team member, possess the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively. This role requires the individual to work cross-functionally and across the enterprise. The ability to influence our partners to work with a cooperative spirit is important to the role.
Target Total Compensation – 105,300-210,500
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.