Manager Treasury Capital Markets
The Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) function within Corporate Treasury manages fixed-income investments in several portfolios totaling approximately $300 billion in balance sheet assets primarily for the benefit of Charles Schwab Corporation, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Charles Schwab Bank, Charles Schwab Premier Bank, and Charles Schwab Trust Bank.
As an individual contributor within the TCM Asset & Liability Management Strategy team you will play a key role in the overall strategic optimization of the balance sheet from an integrated investment portfolio, loan portfolio and balance sheet management perspective through collaboration and partnership with critical business partners, stakeholders, and subject matter authorities (e.g. liquidity, capital, credit, interest rate risk, stress testing, controllers, etc).
In this role, you will support Front-Office Credit Risk Appetite & Strategy, Portfolio Optimization and overall 1st Line of Defense Credit Risk Management. The primary focus is to determine relative value decisions across various investment grade credit investments, which will directly impact the composition of the credit portfolio(s) from a sector and sub-sector perspective, while operating within portfolio limits, guidelines, constraints, and risk appetite. We are seeking an individual with a strong credit analysis background, preferably within investment grade corporate and securitized credit products.
While the position is primarily focused on Credit Risk Appetite & Strategy, the TCM Balance Sheet Management team has an elastic organizational structure providing ample opportunity for you to take on additional responsibilities, seek learning & development opportunities, and give to a number of ALM and Balance Sheet Management objectives.
What you are good at
- Supporting Balance Sheet Management team to achieve risk-return optimization directive, including focus on fixed income credit risk and interest rate risk across Schwab’s individual and consolidated balance sheets
- Combine external market conditions with internal factors to efficiently position investment portfolio through rate cycles, with a significant emphasis on credit risk management
- Collaborating with key business partners to drive portfolio analytics to support credit allocation decisions and strategy
- Conduct Risk-Return Optimization taking into account internal credit goals/constraints as well as considering external credit/macro-economic factors
- Support ALM positioning strategy by using existing capabilities, tools, and reports
- Work side-by-side with the Portfolio Managers to support investment decision making and act as a point of contact for TCM with the 2nd Line of defense
- Enhance and maintain TCM’s credit analytical/strategic platform
- Use front office technology and tools to support credit analytics
- Use industry research and stay abreast of trends across the industry & peers
What you have
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering or related field is required, additionally Master’s and/or CFA preferred
- Passion to develop new analyses to help drive the strategy in the investment portfolios
- Solid understanding of fixed income credit markets
- Knowledge of fixed income modeling in systems such as PolyPaths, BlackRock, Murex, Bloomberg, QRM, Calypso
- Experience with optimization software such as Crystal Ball, MATLAB, Python, IPOPT etc.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure in a potentially stressful environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.