.NET Engineer III
Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
PROMT (Portfolio Research, Optimization, Management and Trading) Technology is the front-office team that is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management (SAMS) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $500bn in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds, 5th largest provider of ETFs and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
This team is essentially the front-office for Schwab Asset Management that continues to harness the state-of-the-art cloud-based technologies for differentiating Schwab portfolio research and asset management.
The team has won several industry awards such as the “Best IT Team of the Year” and the “Asset Manager Digital Tool of the Year”.
Team is high performing and plays a key role in developing the technical strategy, designing systems, and delivering to high quality standards.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
If you're passionate about working on state of the art cloud-based technologies, this is the role for you.
This is a Software Developer role managing the software development lifecycle including the coordination, prioritization and communication across the business product areas. It will include building and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the SAMS business.
The role includes the hands-on development role, building a client driven technology organization. The role entails full Agile and DevOps model in partnership of SAMS business—designs/develops software solutions and business process solutions based on business needs. Lead application components of moderate complexity, with guidance from manager. Provide technical design input in overall project. Focus on quality based on Schwab’s standards.
What you have
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology individual with a proven record of software delivery to a front office investment management business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Required: A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Required: At least 5-years of professional experience
- Required: Recent experience working in Agile teams
- Required: At least 5 years’ experience building software in either C# or Java. Strong proficiency in C# or Java, SQL Server, JSON, REST, .Net Core, CSS/ HTML
- Desired: Experience in financial industry
- Desired: Some experience with cloud/ cloud foundry platform; AWS will be a plus
- Desired: Experience in building services-based software
- Personal Characteristics
- Good communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly
- Curiosity and Desire to learn
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Work well in small self-managed Agile teams
Target Total Compensation - 44.33 - 69.71 per hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.