Proposal Writer - Stock Plan Services
Charles Schwab is a leader in financial services and has been for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
Charles Schwab Stock Plan Services (SPS) provides equity compensation record-keeping and brokerage services to both employers and their participants. Using our market-leading proprietary record-keeping system, Schwab EquiView®, we provide outsourced administration services and financial reporting support. SPS also provides an array of brokerage related services for equity compensation to participants online through Schwab Equity Award Center®. For more about Stock Plan Services, click here.
What you are good at
The SPS Business Acceptance team is responsible for supporting corporate sales efforts by evaluating prospective client opportunities, vetting non-standard services, liaising with Finance to determine pricing and supporting the proposal writing process when responding to Requests For Information (RFI) and Requests For Proposal (RFP).
- Composing written responses to stock plan Requests For Information (RFI) and Requests For Proposal (RFP) in order to convey the benefits of Schwab’s stock plan offering in a compelling way
- Maintain a database that serves as a response library which is leveraged by the SPS Business Acceptance team and other partners
- Partner with the Sales team to iterate proposal responses ensuring Schwab is in the best position to win new business
- Partner with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand the value of new product features and service offerings and compose verbiage that elaborates on their benefits
- Liaise with partner proposal writing teams to serve as a point-of-contact to facilitate completion of proposals
- Stay up to date on the stock plan competitive landscape to understand how Schwab’s offering compares in order to best leverage our strengths in competitive bid situations
- Utilize tools and applications (such as Salesforce.com) to manage tasks associated with prospective client opportunities
- Provide backup coverage to the Business Acceptance Consultant
What you have
- 3-5 years of financial services experience in proposal writing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Employee stock plan experience or expertise a plus
- Experience participating in cross functional projects or initiatives a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively throughout the complete proposal lifecycle
- Experience with Salesforce.com, PMAPs or other proposal library software a plus
- Proficiency working with MS Office applications such as Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.