Senior Manager Business Strategy - Asset Management
The Senior Manager of Asset Management Strategy will be a key member of the proprietary strategy team, focused on mutual funds, ETFs, managed accounts and other products managed by Schwab.
What you are good at
- Analyze and develop several high-priority and disrupting strategies to increase Schwab’s market share
- Develop and maintain an understanding of strategic issues, including product and distribution trends in the industry, product proliferation and investor needs
- Remain apprised of competitor initiatives, business models, product offerings and sales strategies
- Educate multiple people across the organization on investment trends, competitor products and product expansion opportunities
- Collaborate closely with multiple partner organizations across Schwab to implement initiatives and better serve our clients
- Develop an understanding of Schwab data and support quarterly reporting of SAMS business objectives
- Conduct in-depth research related to product innovation opportunities and build business cases to move initiatives forward
- Work with senior leaders, other Schwab teams and industry experts to identify opportunities and investigate implementation requirements
What you have
- Passion for serving clients and for the investment management industry.
- 5+ years of strategy consulting, product development, product management or business strategy experience in the asset management industry
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Intellectual curiosity, a desire to learn and an ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and with multi-functional teams
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of industry data to present potential opportunities for products, distribution trends, business strategy and client servicing models
- Exceptional analytic strength and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, including advance PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and V-Lookups, required
- Experience with industry data providers; Strategic Insight and Morningstar specifically, a plus
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- A resourceful self-starter who is comfortable building relationships, interacting and coordinating with numerous internal and external partners
- Thorough knowledge of the investment management industry and major trends around products, competitors, intermediaries and distributors.
- BA/BS required, MBA, CFA or other advanced business training preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.