Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Android
The Mobile Technology organization leads a coordinated technology approach to continually improve Schwab’s Mobile solutions for Retail, Retirement, and the Automated Investment Platforms. Our team is seeking a talented Senior Android Developer, who embraces being a technical leader and has a passion for using state of the art technologies to build compelling interactive mobile applications.
What you are good at
- Be part of several Mobile teams that are passionate about building apps that are secure and customer delightful to use
- Build, enhance and troubleshoot native Android apps in an Agile, collaborative environment
- Implement complex new features and functionality, as well as build entire applications end-to-end
- Work closely with developers, designers and our business partners to create functional solutions
What you have
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience developing large scale Android applications
- Working experience with Kotlin preferred
- Hands-on experience supporting multiple versions of Android SDKs, screen resolutions and device types
- Exceptional Object Oriented (OO) design and development skills
- Experience with asynchronous communications,
- A proven track record of high productivity in application, architecture, design, coding, and debugging,
- Experience with enterprise level branching/merging with Jenkins and/or Bamboo,
- Understand mobile performance, latency, and security issues with extensive experience using performance analysis tools,
- Knowledgeable of security best practices for mobile application development/integration, and
- In-depth knowledge of current technological trends, developments, and best practices in the area of information security, wireless network architecture, mobile technologies, and associated concepts.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.