Software Developer in Test - SDET (C#)
Schwab Asset Management Solution (SAMS) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for company’s use of information technology including all communications, operations and client and business applications.
SAMS Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solution which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $800Bn in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 5th largest provider of exchange traded funds (ETFs).
What you are good at
The Quality Assurance Engineer will help transform our team away from a test-after approach where testing activities begin only after coding has completed and a formal handoff from the developers to a separate QA team (or sub-team) has taken place towards a test-first approach where the line between coders and testers is blurred and coders and testers work closely together developing business software solutions. Bringing a test-first mindset and automating everything that can be automated is vital to becoming agile and maintaining agility over time. We are looking for a QA automation engineer that understands and can help educate others on the merits of ATDD of BDD as well as techniques for implementation in a data-centric environment.
The Data Technology Team is in the middle of a multi-year effort to build out a Data Warehouse as a critical component of an overall strategic Data Platform. As a member of our Scrum team you will also be expected to participate in any task needed to complete a story. Although this is primarily a QA automation position, we’re looking for a “generalist” that can work on any task. This may include data mapping, requirements refinement, data validation, documentation, technical tasks, etc.
What you have
- Experience testing complex systems related to data management and distribution
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment planning and executing using a test-first mindset
- Experience implementing fully automated data flows including file acquisition and staging as well as automated system input and output comparison
- Experience implementing automated regression test suites
- Experience writing code to automate file movement operations over multiple transmission protocols (e.g. SMB, FTP, SFTP, Object store etc.)
- Experience testing interfaces over web protocols (e.g. SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with complex XML and XSD data structures including parsers, XPath and XQuery
- Experience with database-centric testing concepts, e.g. table-to-table or file-to-table mappings and comparisons
- Experience developing code-based automated test frameworks and test suites using C# or Python, focusing on a tests involving web services, ETL/data processors, event-driven messaging or message queueing
- Experience with SQL, Bigdata, ETL, or data delivery technologies
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, Sauce Labs, API Fortress, Visual Studio is a plus
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Developer Tool or Data Validation Option (DVO) is a plus
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Experience developing software in a Scrum environment modeling work in toolsets like Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence or Rally is essential
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Investment Management or Financial Services a plus
Education (in order of preference)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar area of study
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action.
- Lifelong learner who can grasp difficult concepts and complex designs and stays on top of new and emerging technologies
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented.
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently.
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains.
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor.
Target Total Compensation - 101,400 - 165,400
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.