Sourcing Manager - Legal
Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. Corporate VM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and handles vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you are good at
The Deal Desk Sourcing Manager plays a meaningful role within Vendor & Sourcing Management by providing business partners with strategic sourcing support, contract negotiation and risk mitigation. In this role you will partner with legal to build, edit and review various contract documents including master agreements, work orders, amendments, statements of work, and change orders. You will also support a variety of sourcing categories that could include Human Resources, Information Technology, Professional Services, Real Estate, and Marketing to handle large volume, lower dollar engagements allowing streamlined processing for low-risk agreements.
This position will be responsible for establishing positive relationships with Schwab Business Units and Legal partners to draft standardized acceptable contract language and business terms, and execute contracts through the vendor management lifecycle process. This role will also lead all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; lead negotiations, as well as collaborate with risk groups and legal, as required on vendor engagements. This position will partner with the broader business unit teams to develop and negotiate contracts and scopes of work to ensure that industry-leading procurement services tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners. The position will not manage people; it is an individual contributor role.
What you have
- Juris Doctor degree or paralegal degree required
- 2+ years of experience in transactional contract related work, including solid understanding and experience negotiating indemnity, limits on liability, and termination provisions
- Experience within indirect sourcing categories a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners
- The ability to partner with and project manage cross-functional teams (Business Partners, Schwab Legal and Procurement) to drive contract and price negotiations that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal partners’ requirements are met
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to effectively explore alternatives to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proficiency in Excel (required)
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access a plus
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.