Associate Financial Consultant - Cottonwood Heights, UT
Do you enjoy helping clients find ways to reach their financial goals? Are you competitive and do you thrive in an environment where you are fairly compensated for your achievements? We are looking for a self-motivated financial professional that is passionate about connecting with clients, collaborating with others and achieving their personal and professional goals while contributing to those of TD Ameritrade. We offer more than just self-directed investment services! Our employees continuously advise and educate our clients on a wide range of services including, Goal Planning, recommendations of TD Ameritrade Investment Management Services, and complete wealth management portfolios.
What you are good at
A Day in the Life of a Financial Consultant
Start your day with an energizing and encouraging huddle with your team, capturing goals, best practices and areas of focus for the day. The Financial Consultant is a highly motivated, licensed professional with experience and knowledge of financial products and strategies, with a proven track record of strong performance vs. individual and team sales targets. A primary focus of the role is to reactively support existing Mass Affluent ($250k-$1M) clients to address their financial needs and to help them navigate TD Ameritrade to achieve their financial goals. Execute contact management strategy with clients below $100k to maximize daily opportunities and to grow clients into book of business. This professional will possess a strong ability to balance multiple priorities focusing on assisting clients with assessing needs, proposing our full spectrum of guidance solutions, consolidating assets, and navigating clients to the next steps to ensure they are in a fully integrated relationship with TD Ameritrade. In addition, this associate will also provide operational support to the branch on an as needed basis and defined by their manager. Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures, follow corporate and industry protocols, and protect the interest of the client and TDA at all times.
What you have
- Education Level required: 4 Year College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Years of Experience: 2+ years industry experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Has a strong understanding and ability to deliver client value in all areas of TDA’s products and services
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated experience with consultative sales techniques and experience in diagnosing affluent client financial situations and personal circumstances in order to propose appropriate solutions that secure client confidence and expanded business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone sales skills and relationship building abilities
- Proactive teammate able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc
- Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63/65) REQUIRED
- CRPC and FP PREFERRED
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Help us achieve our mission to empower investors by leveling the playing field. Stand on the side of the client, break down barriers, and inspire and educate your clients by delivering simple, personal, and straight-forward solutions.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.