Business Insights Analyst
This position is responsible for translating data into meaningful and actionable insights for business partners within Trading Operations. Analyses performed directly impact and influence strategic decisions in how the firm handles its client orders. The role will use and develop reports from disparate data sources to spot meaningful trends and patterns. Findings may be communicated verbally and through dashboards, graphs, charts etc. This position works closely with business teams and technology partners in support of business decision support and process management.
What you are good at
- Analyze data and reports to identify trends/insights that will influence business decisions. Analyses supported focuses on client trading analytics.
- Use appropriate programming languages within an integrated development environment including SQL, Java, C#, Python, and VBA.
- Use appropriate tools to automate data processes.
- Conduct reporting, including reporting from disparate data sources, to support business requirements
- Create presentations, graphs or dashboards to display results of reports
- Use deductive and inductive research approaches to support decision making
- Help the business identify and formulate hypotheses (deductive)
- Monitor data and identify patterns and trends (inductive)
- Assist in communicating findings to business in a concise and understandable fashion
- Create presentations, graphs, dashboards, etc. to display findings and results utilizing Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ensure bias and data quality issues are resolved or explained when communication occurs
- Continue development of domain expertise by attending partner meetings in order to be able to think strategically about relevant data sets and metrics
- Work with the business to identify metrics to be tracked, including key performance indicators, client segments, etc.
- Assist in translating business stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables for the reporting team to automate
- Proactively monitor metrics and make recommendations for changes, additional metrics and key performance indicators
- Identify and surface data gaps that exist to the data reporting and data management teams and partner on how those gaps can be closed
- Work closely with Reporting and Data Management teams to advance data quality and data management efforts across the firm
- Develop trusted partnerships with business leaders based on collaboration and knowledge of business
What you have
- Understanding and ability to conduct data extraction
- Interest in improving processes and creating efficiencies
- Demonstrates curiosity about what drives business trends and customer behaviors
- Must be comfortable with constantly evolving environment and rapidly changing priorities
- Must be Business-Centric, Data-Oriented, Analytically Minded and Results Driven
- Understanding of standard product metrics such as conversion rates, response rates, ROI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data tools and programming languages such as SQL, Java, Python, VBA, SPSS, R or SAS
- Experience with or aptitude to understand IBM Puredata (Netezza) analytics data warehouse appliance
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Ability to identify appropriate datasets to be able to support analytics
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid critical thinking skills to scope and frame problems
- Displays excellent judgment to understand and support business needs
- Must be able to effectively plan and manage responsibilities
- Effective communication skills to manage expectations and challenges
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with teammates and business partners
- Ability to develop datasets to support advanced analytics and reporting
Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.