Client Account Services Specialist
Within Client Account Services, the CAS Specialist role is primarily focused on answering incoming calls, chats, and emails from clients and internal associates who need assistance in resolving New Account, Maintenance, or Estate/Divorce issues pertaining to TDA accounts. This includes answering general inquiries from clients, attorneys, & internal business partners, interpreting legal documentation, mitigating risk to the firm, and reviewing / updating work items via the Retail Image Workflow System (RIS).Calls are received through either the Estate or the Divorce phone queue in CISCO.Internal chats are received through LiveEngage. Outgoing and incoming communication with clients is completed via email correspondence (KANA) and physical letters.Resolving Client Account Service issues requires extensive knowledge of the TD Ameritrade internal systems including A2C, BOSWeb, EWA, KYC, OMS, RAO, UAT and third-party external systems utilized by TD Ameritrade including Accurint, VerID, SBS/OFAC. CAS Specialists also have knowledge of identifying, asking for and submitting Tier I & Tier 2 BLR opportunities.
What you are good at
- Answering questions and communicating requirements pertaining to Estate/Divorce Resolution
- Working together with the Estate / Divorce processing team to assist in the timely resolution of client issues
- Analyzing client correspondence and legal documentation related to Estate / Divorce cases in RIS including quickly determining who is authorized to retrieve information on a client’s account
- Mitigating risk to the firm by making informed decisions based on interpretation of business rules along with state and federal regulations and statutes
- Navigating grey area when working with clients to resolve escalated issues or inquiries
- Expediting processing requests
- Restricting and Updating accounts appropriately
- Actively identifying Tier I & Tier II BLR opportunities and submitting leads in Salesforce
- Participating in Problem Solving and other initiatives of varying scope and duration as directed by the business
- Support clients and business partners through chat pertaining to Client Account Services inquiries including New Accounts, Maintenance, and Estate/Divorce
- Utilize the Client Dialogue Model to effectively communicate with clients and internal business partners
- Ability to effectively use empowerment and make decisions to enforce company policies in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
- Answering Kana’s from clients regarding Client Account Services related inquiries including New Accounts, Maintenance, and Estate/Divorce
- Quickly analyzing paperwork to determine what is needed
- Ensuring accuracy in responses to minimize rework and reduce future NIGO rates
- Support Lean/Better Way methodologies to ensure efficient handling of client requests.
- Participate in projects and initiatives of varying scope and duration as directed by the business.
- Provide occasional backup support for the processing teams
- Business testing to ensure new systems and functionality get implemented on schedule and according to requirements.
- Learn additional duties within the CAS organization to enable efficient deployment of associates to address seasonal volume changes.
What you have
- Education Level Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Education Level Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting preferred, but not required.
- Years Total Experience: 2-3
- Series 7, 63/66 preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of internal TD Ameritrade systems, specifically core / client onboarding systems
- Ability to review and interpret legal documentation, including court appointments, court orders, small estate affidavits, divorce decrees, restraining orders and letters of administration
- Working knowledge of the Client Dialogue Model
- Ability to learn, apply and retain new information and skills – Emphasis on the ability to review and understand state regulations and limits
- Ability to identify and submit Tier I & Tier II BLR opportunities in Salesforce
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and the ability to work on cross functional teams
- Ability to produce high quality work and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate business needs for internal and external clients
- Ability to identify and communicate problem solving opportunities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and share work responsibilities as needed to manage and ensure the successful completion of client requests within agreed-upon service levels
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to display professionalism across all settings
- Executes with a sense of urgency, a drive to make an impact, and a high level of self-confidence
- Ability to make difficult decisions in situations that do not follow standard rules and procedures
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.