IT Support Specialist- National Service Desk
The Infrastructure, Operations & Cloud (IO&C) organization provides technology solutions and support for Schwab employees, as well as supporting the external Schwab client experience. The National Service Desk (NSD), as part of IO&C, provides front-line IT support services for the Schwab workforce to report technology issues, restores service, and raises up issues to second-level support that cannot be resolved at first contact.
What you are good at
- Providing phone support for technology problems and fulfillment services (move, add, or change requests) involving desktops, laptops, monitors and IP Phones for employees working locally or remote.
- Managing assigned Remedy tickets, connect with customers, document work performed and status in tickets, close all tickets in a timely manner and update asset status in the CMDB.
- Participating in team project work that may include periodic after hours and weekend work.
- Adopting and implementing business and process improvements.
- Collaborating regularly with peers or external and internal partners.
- Working independently but receives guidance and instructions from Service Desk Lead and Manager. Typically receives general instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
What you have
- 1-2 years of recent technical support experience
- Cisco Phone – configuration and deployment experience
- Dell self-dispatch training and hardware repair experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills, working with a distributed group of peers on technology projects
- Prioritizing feature work
Education Level Required:
- College degree
- Previous technical training
- Experience can substitute for some education
“Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference. *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.”
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.