Operations System Support Senior Specialist (3rd Shift M-F 10pm CST - 6:30AM CST)
The Sr. Specialist must be able to understand upstream and downstream organizational impacts as a result of system issues and communicate action plans to multiple levels of management. We strive to reduce incident impact and duration as well as decrease the likelihood of incident reoccurrence. We work with Technology and Brokerage Operations business partners to achieve these objectives while serving as an advocate for Brokerage Operations Teams at all times.
The Sr. Specialist will be at the front line for issue identification, troubleshooting, and remediation of any system issues impacting Brokerage Operations.
This Position is currently 100% work from home but working onsite may be required after restrictions are lifted (or a combination of work from home / work from office).
What you are good at
- The Associate will search through and research available information to tie it to current incidents to see if they impact Brokerage Operations to then solution it.
- The Associate will triage situations and their urgency levels using sound critical thinking and decision making based on information derived from quickly researching issues in relation to the Brokerage Operation business unit.
- Helping Technology Teams understand the business impact and deadlines as they relate to service restoration issues.
- Working toward reducing incident impact and duration as well as decrease the likelihood of incident reoccurrence.
- Following up on incidents to be sure that root cause is understood and that longer term solutions are being pursued if applicable.
What you have
- Top Must Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Must be able to understand upstream and downstream organizational impacts as a result of system issues and communicate action plans to multiple levels of management.
- Must demonstrate solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive.
- The ideal candidate will actively monitor for issues that are important to resolve for Brokerage Operations Business Partners and take the initiative to get involved with resolving.
- A Brokerage Industry background is helpful.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with Associates and management through verbal and written correspondence.
- Must have the ability to quickly assimilate and understand the systems and applications utilized throughout the company.
- Must possess an understanding of basic Internet operations and have knowledge of Windows based programs.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of client service possible.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks and efficiently organize work based on business conditions.
- Must have the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; 4-year college degree preferred
- Top Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience with Tidal Automation software is a strong nice to have.
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy IT Services Management software.
- Experience with Jira
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Teams to keep in touch with and be responsive to the team, communicate to our Business Partners, and as a tool to understand and be aware of Tech issues that are happening.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.