Portfolio Service Relationship Specialist
- Management and oversight for the Investment Management Services accounts and service.
- The Investment Portfolio Representative will work closely with the other members of the Investment Management teams to ensure execution against the business imperatives, initiatives, and goals.
- This role will partner with multiple business units across the organization to ensure Investment Management operational, suitability, risk, and client experience challenges/opportunities are escalated or resolved.
- The Investment Portfolio Representative will set performance goals from expectations set by the manager.
- The representative will become comfortable with ALL solutions available at TDA and work towards being an EXPERT in the Investment Management suite of solutions.
- Associates will profile clients for suitability in one of the TDA solutions and in some cases.
- The representative will assist client’s with opening new accounts related to Investment Management and will be well versed in Know Your Client regulations and all suitability gathering and documentation requirements.
- The Investment Portfolio Support Representative will contribute to a positive working environment that promotes continuous improvement, high levels of performance in all key measures, while also ensuring that their actions align with the core values of the company.
- This role must be broker trained, series 7 & 66 to perform required duties.
- There will be special projects as needed around new product release, education, or process changes.
- Executing on the service/retention needs of the business, while also managing risk and providing service delivery for internal/external clients on as needed basis.
- Maintaining high service levels for inbound phone calls.
- Updating client suitability.
- Achieving performance goals set by business unit.
- Handling liquidation and investment instructions from clients.
- Following the firm’s policies, procedures and operating requirements.
- Utilizing judgment to make good decisions for escalated issues and enforce company policies in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Recognizing potential issues, monitors and makes scope-defined decisions based on risk management, quality assurance, and loss prevention.
- Reinforcing and promoting the company’s core values within and across the team.
- Staying up to date on all required training for Investment Management Services.
- Taking ownership on ongoing issues through tracking and follow-up.
- Calling on outbound campaigns and documenting all sales interactions appropriately.
- Documenting and attempting to retain assets when clients are leaving the service.
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years related experience
- Previous experience in the brokerage service industry required
- Previous brokerage experience, preferably supporting managed accounts in a front or middle office environment
- Ability to collaborate with and connect to business partners across organization
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment
- Retention skills
- Series 7 and 66 required
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.