Quality Assurance Engineer
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production.The QA Engineer will work with the Senior QA Engineer and QA Specialists.The QA Engineer will report to the QA Manager and work directly under the guidance of QA Specialists.
The focus of the QA Engineer II will be to ensure all changes to our applications are tested adequately. The QA Engineer II will be responsible for ensuring test plans and test cases follow all standards and are appropriate on a
project by project basis.The QA Engineer is responsible for using all test management tools according to standards.
Over time, the QA Engineer II is responsible for building technical expertise in our applications.
What you are good at
- Create test plans and participate in Peer Reviews
- Modify test plans based on Peer Review feedback
- Provide input on risks so that Senior QA engineers, QA Specialists, and in some cases QA Managers can be informed.
- Provide input to QA and Release Specialists to prepare implementation timelines
- Participate in development of Test Data Strategy
- Assist QA Specialists in determining appropriate test environments
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Highlight requirement and design gaps as early in lifecycle as possible
- Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard including mapping test cases to requirements
- Engage application development in defect resolution
- Flag test cases appropriate for regression libraries
- Participate in test case Peer Reviews
- Update test cases based on Peer Reviews
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- May support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Become knowledgeable in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
What you have
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Technical skills can include Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, XML, Web Services
- Knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
- Knowledge of test repository or defect tracking systems
- Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Effective listening skills
- Financial services/brokerage experience preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.