Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production.The Senior QA Engineer will work with the QA Specialist and mentor other QA Engineers.The Senior QA Engineer will join QA Specialist in interfacing with EPM staff as well as CTO staff.
The focus of the Senior QA Engineer will be to build technical expertise in our applications.The ability to build technical relationships with Application Development staff is a strong requirement for this position.
The Senior QA engineer will focus on automation and process efficiency.
Work products produced (test plans, test cases, etc.) must be of such quality that they can be used as examples for QA Engineers.
What you are good at
- Lead the creation of test plans – including technical and business requirements and tool selection
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Assist QA and Release Specialist in preparing implementation timelines
- Develop Test Data Strategy
- Assist QA Specialist in determining appropriate test environments
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard
- Engage Application Development in defect resolution
- Complete defect tracking and follow through to ensure completion
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Become technically competent in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
- Evaluate and recommend process or technical changes to partner organizations
- Offer technical guidance to QA Engineers
- Play leadership role during test plan and test case reviews, providing direct feedback to Quality Engineers and offshore testing team members
- Use positive influence to engage EPM and business partners
- Provide guidance around automation strategies, working with the QA Specialist and Application Development
What you have
- 5+ years of software testing experience preferred
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience in Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, Web Services, SQL Server
- Should be familiar with C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, , HTML, XML
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience in Automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
- Solid understanding of test repository or defect tracking systems
- Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Effective listening skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Sense of urgency and commitment to providing the best support possible to both internal and external clients
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills
- Must be able to act in a SME role for various projects and initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing small-to-medium sized projects
- Must possess a solid understanding of how various systems and applications interact
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Superior client service skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.