Account Solutions (OSAS) - Associate
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) is the primary operations arm for Advisor Services and Investor Services New Accounts. OSAS provides service to our retail clients and financial advisors to fulfill our purpose of helping everyone become financial fit. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you are good at
As a member of our OSAS team, you will focus on New Accounts and Account Maintenance. You will be responsible for processing applications well as reviewing client correspondence. Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this Associate role.
- Review and process Schwab account applications, while interpreting and applying business judgement and balancing risk to the firm.
- Engage in a dialogue to identify ways to reduce client effort and improve the overall client experience while actively listening to client cues.
- Demonstrate positivity and the ability to problem solve while assisting Schwab clients in opening their accounts, as well as performing detailed research and follow-up, in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate with clients and business partners through various channels, including inbound/outbound phone calls and written communication. Establish clear points of contact for ongoing support and escalations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with team members to deliver high quality service, meet client expectations, and support business partners.
- Manage multiple tasks accurately and effectively while maintaining high productivity.
- Schedule: Representatives will need to be flexible with hours due to changing business needs.
- Compensation: Employees in our OSAS teams are paid a salary commensurate with experience and licensing, and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you have
- Interest in a long-term career in financial services with potential to become licensed.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of investment products and industry regulations. Ability to explain these complex subjects via the phone.
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email.
- Ability to work in a structured environment during specified hours as pre-determined by business need.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Effectively organizes, assembles and arrange resources to meet departmental goals.
- In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- 2+ years of college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area; degree is preferred.
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in financial services, operations, or client support is desired.
- Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize over 7 open programs at one time is a plus.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.