Associate Private Client Advisor - Orlando, FL
Schwab Private Client is a premier, fee-based and non-discretionary investment advisory solution providing high net worth clients with a personal relationship, specialized service and ongoing advice built on Schwab’s approach to investing. Private Client Advisors work for Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. ("SPCIA"), a registered investment advisor and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
What you are good at
As an Associate Private Client Advisor (APCA) of SPCIA, you will play an integral role to the success of Schwab Private Client. Via our inbound phone client calls, your responsibilities will include delivering extraordinary and consistent service experiences, providing technical assistance, placing unsolicited trades and strengthening client relationships with our fee paying clients. You will implement your client service acumen and experience by having a strong understanding of service issues that are inherent with high net worth clients – and the ability to position resolutions with ease. As an APCA, you will demonstrate professionalism and expertise by responding to foundational questions about the portfolio, financial planning, and financial markets/economy. You will have the ability to leverage that knowledge through educational client discussions. Our APCA’s will also partner with our Senior APCA’s, Private Client Advisors and Branch network partners to deliver a world class experience for our premier clients. You will be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a small, highly reciprocal team of 10-15 professionals with an accommodating manager focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations.
Other areas where you will maintain and grow your competencies:
- Customer Orientation: High level of client engagement by seeing through the client’s eyes. Deliver strong problem resolution skills to foster and strengthen high client satisfaction and increased client loyalty. Anticipating client needs to result in first contact resolution is critical in providing a white glove service experience our high net worth fee paying clients expect from our premier wealth management offer.
- Exceptional Oral and Written Communication: Highly effective communication skills and the ability to articulate our approach to advice, portfolio construction and planning.
- Thoroughness: Strong acumen for service accuracy and client follow up. Proactively leverages tools and resources within their problem solving process. Ability to assess business risks at point of contact. Strong accuracy in placing unsolicited trades with minimal errors.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Ability to demonstrate strong partnerships with internal support partners and key stakeholders through solid EQ skills. Service Advisors will be comfortable in understanding and delegating items to our Partner Support team branch partnerships.
- Fostering Teamwork: Ability to collaborate and support team members through a relational work style. Models the way by demonstrating a positive attitude, professionalism and high level of integrity and ethics.
You will have the tools, resources and support to succeed in an advisory service environment. Specifically:
- Client relationship management software to enable seamless client interactions and ease of doing business
- On-going training and commitment to your professional development
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to contribution on executing the SPCIA strategy. Essential skills include:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (Series 66 may be obtained within the first 120 days)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum 3 years of overall work experience
- Working general knowledge regarding financial markets and economy
- Experience servicing high net worth clients preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective cross departmental working relationships
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We'll expect you to demonstrate personal accountability, initiative, adaptability and thoroughness; all while executing industry leading client engagement. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career with Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.