Charitable Operations Senior Specialist, Operations
The Charitable Operations team is part of the Money Movement Solutions group within Schwab Operational Services. We are the operation vehicle for the Schwab Charitable Funds, which is an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. Charitable Operations is entrusted with authorities to handle a big spectrum of operational functions to support the Schwab Charitable Funds business, such as account opening and maintenance, Contributions & Grants processing, asset transfers, funds movements, and trading.
What you are good at
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and an ability to discuss complex operational details with Schwab Charitable business partners
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of charitable business.
- Problem solving and conducting research/special requests through the use of internal processing systems, phone and emails.
- Identifying situations where escalation is warranted and the ability to take action quickly in a high-risk environment.
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to organize, handle and juggle contending priorities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver technical information in lay terms
- Highly adaptive, change-positive attitude capable of working effectively within a team environment
What you have
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years employment experience (background in financial services, or the non-profit sector highly desired)
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours/overtime during the year-end peak season (mid- November to February)
- Professional and confident attitude with the ability to communicate with Schwab Charitable business partners
- Positive attitude, team oriented, enthusiastic, professional, forward thinker and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Results Orientation: (Disciplined and Delivers Results)- Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Partnership Orientation: Demonstrates proactive behavior by anticipating business needs and taking ownership as the point of contact, working towards a resolution in a timely manner in order to deliver a consistent, superior, partnership experience. Seeks out key individuals involved in a situation to learn their perspectives.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology. Looks for opportunities to provide the most critical support during high volume seasons.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.