Institutional Associate - Alliance
Charles Schwab Advisor Custody & Trading (ACT) is the industry leader in providing custodial, trading, technology and practice management to independent advisory firms. In partnership with ACT, Schwab Alliance provides premium services for clients of independent financial advisors. The services provide practical financial tools and resources and a dedicated service team to complement the advisor-client relationship.
Alliance’s vision is to act as a liaison for the Financial Advisor, enhancing their client product and service offering by leveraging the scale of Schwab. Brokerage Service Specialists carry out that vision by working in small, highly collaborative teams that consistently strive to provide a positive experience in every client interaction.
What you are good at
As a Brokerage Service Specialist you will be the primary point of contact for the clients of independent advisors who custody assets with Schwab and provide “best in class” service. It’s this level of service that differentiates us from our competitors and serves as a sustainable competitive advantage. This is a phone-based position.
- Proactively consult and educate clients of Independent Investment Advisors
- Research and respond to client issues related to online enrollment, forms, trading, tax reporting, transfers, and various other areas of product knowledge and support
- Collaborate with internal partners in delivery of timely and accurate information in response to inquiries and/or service issues
What you have
- Resilient attitude to help achieve client satisfaction in a continuous call environment
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- A drive to constantly improve the client experience
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with clients over the phone
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 & 63/66 licenses are preferred. If you do not currently have these licenses, you will have the opportunity to enroll in our self-study program after your first 90 days of employment.
- Successful completion of our Client Focus Assessment which measures potential talent and role fit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage complex work, be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Team orientation, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Minimum 2 years requisite experience, with emphasis on customer service preferred (internships and collegiate activities will be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.