Move Money Solutions Team Lead, Operations
The Move Money Solutions division within Operational Services is responsible for moving assets into, out of, and between Schwab accounts. We play a critical role for the firm in our efforts of delivering service and an elite client experience for both retail investors and independent advisors, while providing a controlled and disciplined environment that allows our employees to feel valued and engaged.
About our Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.”
What you are good at
The Move Money Solutions Team Lead position requires an effective leader who can help to motivate, inspire and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and executing on our Organization’s purpose and mission. Team leads are accountable for facilitating the team’s ability to deliver business results and creating a work environment that promotes employee engagement. This includes helping to provide the information, resources, feedback, coaching and recognition that help employees improve their performance. Team Leads are responsible for assisting in developing necessary process improvements, communications and effective working relationships that establish accountability and positively impact the team, and stakeholders. You will ensure “best in class” service for our branch partners, internal and external clients by:
- Effectively managing, and coaching others, evaluating risk when reviewing client accounts requesting fund disbursements including but not limited to check requests, check deposits, domestic and international incoming and outgoing wires.
- Performing work that is detailed and communicated in a clear, effective manner.
- Actively listening, assessing client needs, researching information, and providing clients with innovative solutions.
- Responding to questions on a wide array of technical and operational subjects.
- Problem solving and conducting research/special requests through the use of email, telephone and our internal inquiry system.
- Receiving and effectively resolving escalations to the clients’ satisfaction and take action quickly in a high-risk environment to mitigate risk to the firm.
- Proactively educating specialists, clients and internal partners on our products and services.
- Helping to drive business initiatives and results by developing strong partnerships.
- Demonstrating the ability to help lead others and to be a role model and mentor to your peers.
- Helping to foster teamwork in a diverse work environment.
What you have
- 3+ years’ experience in brokerage/financial industry, with emphasis on customer service required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Series 7, 63, 9, & 10 or Condition of Employment required.
- Proficient technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Flexible with regard to both schedule and role as both may change with little notice in response to business demand.
- Passion for service and the desire to help and develop people.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent operational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage complex work.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, enthusiastic, professional, forward thinker and strong work ethic.
- Ability to listen and to explain complex subjects in simpler terms.
- Intermediate to advance technical skills, with the ability to use 7 or more different applications efficiently, including Windows, internet research, database systems, and email.
- Excellent operational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage complex work are self- directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business.
- Advanced level of knowledge regarding regulatory, audit and compliance policies regarding the securities industry is needed.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.
- Analytical Thinking: approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Fostering Teamwork: Provides assistance, information, or support to others, in an effort to build or maintain relationships with them. Actively engage during team turbos and team meetings. Provides contributions to the team by sharing best practices with others, and gives honest and constructive feedback to other team members.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.