Service Relationship Manager, Advisor Family Office
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms and family office professionals. The Schwab Advisor Family Office is a trusted partner to RIAs and family office professionals specializing in serving ultra-high net worth families. We understand their needs, and work side by side providing high touch/high support through a dedicated team, modern technology, and customized products and services.
The Schwab Advisor Family Office team is seeking a Family Office Service Relationship Manager who will play an integral role in execution on the service and operational excellence strategy.
What you are good at
- Manage workflow and projects of your primary family office advisor relationship while providing superior overall relationship management service to our advisors and their end clients in a fast paced, team environment.
- Maintain a strong band of communication between internal business partners, including sales and leadership.
- Manage and grow the existing relationship with your clients and influencing positive change in their operations, as well as communicating policy changes to them.
- Demonstrate superior understanding of features and benefits of Schwab tools, products and services in order to encourage adoption while offering solution based service.
- Anticipate potential risk issues pertaining to all facets of the operation while presenting and implementing proactive solutions.
- Partner with all departments within Advisor Services to provide creative ideas and solutions that will benefit the business and set the strategic direction of the segment.
What you have
- Attributes of an entrepreneurial self-starter; and have a proven ability to deliver excellent client service with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under your own initiative.
- Ability to support positive relationships between the client and Schwab through fostering successful internal partnerships.
- Superior communication, presentation, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Passion for service, professionalism, positivity and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and teamwork.
- In-depth knowledge of Advisor Services products, services, complex subject matters, policies and procedures as well as demonstrated brokerage industry knowledge.
- Excellent relationship management skills including collaborating, influencing and negotiating. Demonstrated ability to problem solve, interact with individuals at various levels, and think on your feet.
- Initiative to create change through process improvements, training and streamlining functions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs and manage time effectively.
- Ability to identify potential risk situations and mitigate timely and effectively.
- Advanced technical skills with team-orientation and the ability to act as a resource for development of the team’s effectiveness. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skill and experience in delivering professional presentations to both large and small groups.
- Flexibility to travel for client visits/events on a limited basis.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 9 and 10 licenses required (Series 24 & 4 in lieu of the 9 & 10 would also be accepted)
- Minimum of 3 years in Advisor Services preferred.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.