Associate, Mainframe Systems Programmer
Join a team of technical professionals supporting large-scale IBM mainframe z/OS, z/VM, and z/LINUX system platforms running up-to-date system software and hardware. You will work side by side with some of the most experienced Systems Programmers and Database Administrators in the industry. Your training program will include online courses, mentoring, hands on labs and updating the environment with a mixture of experience and exposure added in. You will grow your skills while working closely with senior members of the staff. You will quickly see how your contributions positively support your team, the business, and our customers. Take the first step at a career working on the most powerful systems in the world at Charles Schwab, the premier financial services company!
What you are good at
- Read technical manuals and complete online training to learn mainframe concepts.
- Perform hands-on training.
- Participate in team projects to further mainframe learning.
- Ask questions, voice thoughts, and offer solutions.
- Build effective working relationships with immediate and cross functional teams, and customers.
What you have
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of basic data processing concepts and data processing equipment usage.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical computations.
- Strong analytical skills.
Optional Technical Skills
- Solid report creation expertise – EXCEL, SQL, Tableau.
- Programming language experience; i.e., Java, COBOL, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology & Tools (i.e., Jira) to manage deliverables, tasks, and your workload.
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux and/or other Unix variants System Administration.
- Experience working with a DBMS (Database Management System).
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment and handle last-minute /urgent requests.
- Present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Be curious, and have a thirst for knowledge.
- Solid time-management skills and demonstrated/meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
Associate Degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related field including, but not limited to, Business Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting, etc.
Two years of full time, or equivalent part-time, computer programming experience in one or more programming or database languages.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.