Associate - Service Support
The Infrastructure, Operations & Cloud (IO&C) organization provides technology solutions and support for Schwab employees, as well as supporting the external Schwab client experience. The National Service Desk (NSD), as part of IO&C, provides front-line IT support services for the Schwab workforce to report technology issues, restore service, and raise up issues to second-level support that cannot be resolved at first contact.
We are seeking an IT Service Support Analyst to provide level one support via phone and chat for the internal Schwab workforce. This includes managing incidents (service disruptions) and service requests (routine service-related tasks).
What you are good at
- Excellent customer service skills
- Empathizing with the customer
- Understanding and Practicing Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Having a friendly presence and helpful attitude; strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Demonstrating professional etiquette in the use of phones
- Communicating complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner to customers with minimal technical knowledge
- Meeting or exceeding defined objectives and metrics (e.g.: talk time, wrap time, first contact resolution, chats per hour, quality assurance evaluations)
- Multi-tasking and using organizational tools effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Executing the defined Service Desk processes with a strong attention to detail
- Receiving constructive feedback and demonstrating improvement
- Being disciplined in adhering to schedules (sign-on, sign-off, break times, etc.)
- Asking direct, relevant and probing questions
- Providing concise information and settings expectations
- Diagnose and troubleshoot end user desktop application issues and provide appropriate solution
- Ensure customer satisfaction through timely resolution of problems or escalation to a 2nd level team
- Provide incident status updates to management and end-users per service level guidelines
- Support and maintain effective relationships with users
- Provide support for end user computing devices (PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets)
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management)
- Perform account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e.g., create or modify user accounts and permissions, perform password resets).
- Communicate with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
What you have
- 3 - 5 years of experience working in a service desk or customer service environment
- 3 - 5 years of technical support experience
- 3 - 5 years of phone and/or chat support experience
- Experience using ITSM platforms (SmartIT / Remedy, ServiceNow, Cherwell) and remote support tools (SCCM, Software Center, Client Center Configuration Manager)
- Working knowledge of PC technical support, systems administration, networking, Windows and Mac OS
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Information Technology or a related field is a plus
- CompTIA, ITIL, KCS and Microsoft certifications are a plus
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.