Manager, Bank Operations
The Lending Operations Manager is responsible for providing a robust, premier, client application and loan servicing experience for our Pledged Asset Line of Credit product (PAL). This is accomplished by providing a high quality, timely lending experience, while ensuring that the client experience is in line with Schwab's value proposition and continues to build the client's trust for and relationship with Schwab. The Lending Operations Manager will support continued growth of the PAL product, handling the Operations workflow to ensure high quality and timely completion. In addition, the Lending Operations Manager will assist the Sr. Team Manager with building and updating procedures and training materials, ensuring service level standards are being met. The Lending Operations Manager is a first line of defense position for Charles Schwab Bank and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you are good at
- Lead all aspects of the PAL origination and servicing experience
- Perform quality control reviews on loan documents, client letters, new PALs and various data warehouses to ensure compliance with internal policies and banking regulations.
- Handle workflows to ensure timely and accurate completion of all department tasks
- Work closely with all Bank Services Managers to ensure applications, service requests, phone calls and other workflow items are processed quickly and evenly across the team
- Assist Sr. Team Manager with training of PAL lending professionals dedicated to providing a premier client experience throughout each stage of the operations process
- Work closely with FCs, RBMs, and RIAs on complex and sophisticated PAL servicing requests
- Delegate duties appropriately to Associates to ensure a seamless servicing experience
- Advance issues to the Sr. Team Manager for additional support
- Collaborate with key partners on a variety of projects critical to the sustained success of the PAL product, providing functional support and product expertise as requested
- Supervise key functions of PAL, mortgage and home equity line servicing. Ensures accuracy, timeliness, quality, and compliance of all transactions including, but not limited to:
- Assist with complex client issues by providing consultation to the PAL Support and Lending Solution Teams, Bank Complaints Team, Loss Mitigation Team and the mortgage servicing vendor providers
- Ensure compliance with all new and existing regulations related to the servicing of the portfolio
- Provide support as needed for internal and external audits
- Support PAL, Mortgage & HELOC operation and reporting functions
- Build and run ad-hoc reporting as requested
- The position of Lending Operations Manager carries out no supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and aligns with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the position.
What you have
- 5+ years of experience with customer service/operations in the finance industry
- Shown ability to run multiple high-priority workflows, mitigate risk, and accurately balance business needs with client requests
- A strong understanding of complex lending products and margin lending is preferred
- Shown ability to meet individual as well as organization sales goals and high service level scores
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Shown ability to positively influence highly engaged and productive teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relationship and client retention management experience and success
- Ability to work effectively with multiple partners distributed through various business divisions
- Comprehensive industry and high net worth client solution knowledge
- FINRA Series 9/10, 7, 63 Licenses are preferred
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.