Manager, Lending Solutions
The Manager – Lending Solutions Team will serve as the single point of contact for all Charles Schwab clients, employees, and internal partners interested in learning about or applying for a mortgage, pledged asset line of credit and for questions and advancements throughout the entire lending process. This team will play a key role in the success of the Bank’s lending program through delivering an outstanding client experience while helping the firm realize it’s earning potential. The LST will provide a single point of contact throughout the entire mortgage and pledge asset line application and origination process, maintaining consistent communication and providing problem resolution and troubleshooting. A successful LST member will combine a high level of technical lending and servicing expertise, strong relationship skills, and will demonstrate sound judgment in providing a premier lending experience. The LST will handle a broad range of inquiries, issues, advancements, and products in meeting our client’s needs and while relying on multiple systems, experience, and judgment. In addition, the LST will also need to understand the Charles Schwab organization as a whole, including its clients, experience models including sales, service, and support structures, and internal partners required for information gathering, reporting, and problem resolution. The Manager – Lending Solutions Team (LST) is a first line of defense unit position for Charles Schwab Bank and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you are good at
- Provide a single point of contact for all Charles Schwab clients, employees, and internal partners as they inquire about, apply for, and close on mortgages and/or pledge asset line
- Provide consistent communication throughout the entire application, processing, and closing process
- Anticipate possible issues in advance and work to address them throughout the loan process
- Use sound judgment and relationship skills to resolve complaints and ensure an outstanding client experience
- Work with the client, RIA, FC, application processor, and loan underwriter to gather information and ensure smooth loan processing
- Work with clients by phone to provide rate quotes, PAL payments, payoffs and basic information on our lending products
- Utilize technical lending and servicing expertise along with relationship and analytical skills to identify and recommend appropriate lending solutions based on individual client needs and financial situation
- Handle interest rate and credit exception requests by advancing to appropriate parties and ensuring a timely response
- Cultivate strong partnerships and relationships with business partners, including loan processors and underwriters, FCs, RIAs, and clients and provide service on a wide range of issues and products
- Respond to general inquiries and encourage clients to apply
- Be available to take all appropriate steps to ensure each client is provided with an outstanding client experience
- In addition to assisting mortgage clients throughout the origination and closing process, the LST will be available to take servicing questions for active mortgage and pledged asset loans
- The position of Manager – Lending Solutions Team carries out no supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and aligns with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the position. Specifically, the Manager – Lending Solutions Team follows all lending regulations, including but not limited to Truth in Lending, RESPA, ECOA, FACTA, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, the SAFE Act, as well as all Fair Lending Laws and regulations.
What you have
- Extensive bank lending sales experience in serving high net worth and investment Advisor clients with sophisticated lending solution needs
- A very strong understanding/knowledge of complex mortgage products (previous experience as a loan/mortgage officer and/or experience with originating complex mortgage loans)
- Five or more years of proactive, successful lending origination and pipeline management experience in the financial services industry with a focus on high net worth clients
- Shown ability to meet individual as well as organization service level scores
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- Comprehensive industry and high net worth client solution knowledge
- Relationship and client retention management experience and success
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.