Senior DevOps Engineer, Bank Technology (Remote)
The Banking Technology organization provides strategy and technology partnership to Schwab Bank, the 14th largest bank in the U.S. Our strategy and technology partnership ensures the delivery of a best in class set of applications selected and designed to support key banking products and services for our clients. The application portfolio is a combination of SaaS and in-house developed applications. This position will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused developers curious to build new and innovative solutions for our Clients.
BankTech Operations provides operational support to the Banking Technology organization, including Production Support, DevOps, Release Management, Program Management, and Data Analysis. BankTech Operations is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our high-performing team.
DevOps Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore, and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. DevOps Engineers are responsible for efficient development operations balancing service reliability and delivery speed.
What you are good at
- Contributing to product vision, architecture, and design
- Developing and launching high quality products/technologies
- Performing user story and overall system verification in an Agile development environment.
- Ensuring automation is constantly running, monitored, analyzed, and improved; promptly reporting on and actioning failure.
- Supporting and troubleshooting production issues and recommending design changes to optimize performance
- Identifying, creating, and implementing fixes for potential security and performance issues
- Validating and improving disaster recover capabilities.
- Advancing product quality standards between Development and Business teams.
- Managing day-to-day technical and design direction within the product vision
- Implementing and managing appropriate measurements and metrics
- Driving cross-domain defect agreement, tracking, and resolution
- Participating in Design Reviews, Requirements Ambiguity & Use Case Reviews, Testing, and complete Root Cause Analysis for any defect slippages.
- Contributing at program, project, and product related levels.
- Mentoring and helping to grow peer DevOps Engineers
- Working cross-organizationally both within the company and across external vendors, on and offshore
- Consulting with business partners when needed for advice and counsel
- Influencing multiple stakeholders without direct authority
What you have
- 7+ years’ experience in Software Development, focused on automation.
- 5+ years’ hands on experience in cloud development
- 3+ years’ experience developing in an Agile environment; preferably Scrum.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Object-oriented programming language (ie, Java or C#,, Power Shell, Python, etc)
- Expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Unix, Oracle DB
- Demonstrated comprehension of DevOps toolsets (ie GitHub, Bitbucket, AppDynamics, Splunk, Bamboo, Selenium, SonarQube, etc)
- Understanding of tools to log bugs and manage test cases (ex. JIRA, Zephyr, etc.).
- Practical familiarity with the full Software Design Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Track record for deployment automation and CI/CD Pipeline stages/activities
- Experience building automation capabilities for cloud-based and legacy software solutions
- Customer-centric attitude; able to balance time and effort trade-offs to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Proven experience driving innovative solutions within a complex, enterprise platform.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly; must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers, and leaders across a distributed workforce.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Certified Scrum Developer
- Lean Agile development concepts
- Financial risk and compliance knowledge a plus
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working in a financial services organization
Target Total Compensation - $101,400 - $165,400 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.