Senior Manager, Product and Process Transformation
The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Transformation Solution team is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
The Manager of Transformation Product & Strategy plays a important role to Schwab’s transformation efforts and the firm’s broader “Smart Processing” strategy. Smart Processing is at the center of Schwab’s sustainable competitive advantage. Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near- and long-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater transparency into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab’s next generation of products and features.
This role supports the strategy development, product vision, execution, and evolution of our most important service, processing, and client experience elements (e.g. opening accounts, moving money, asset acceptance, corporate action elections, etc.). This role will manage daily momentum of integration of technology, data, and process excellence, ensuring delivery of business value in line with the broader Smart Processing strategy. This will be accomplished through ownership of product documentation, communications, and agile software development practices with high quality and minimal guidance.
What you are good at
- Collaborating on development of the ongoing strategic vision, business case, roadmap, and delivery plan for your product or service, including organizational change management and adoption
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences including senior leadership and communicating change to impacted parties
- Directing and coordinating across related initiatives, associated projects, and other activities. Demonstrates exemplary ability to influence successfully at the extended team and director levels.
- Support the process of ensuring firm-wide Smart Processing objectives are met by coordinating across the full Schwab ecosystem including business, channels, technology, change management, process redesign, and product development
- Assist in building momentum for your product or service through stakeholder engagement, leadership forums, governance meetings, and compelling written communications that support firm-wide scaled planning efforts
- Support the Director with the ownership of the business value creation and product cost
- Complying with technology standards and architecture strategy
- Guide sequencing and execution excellence through translation of product vision and strategy into epics, participating in agile ceremonies like Product Increment Planning, and influencing speed to market by identifying gaps / bottlenecks to faster solution delivery
- Building and maturing our program infrastructure including codifying best practices, refining the model, developing dashboards and KPIs at the team and product / service level, and building communication channels at the senior level, stakeholder level, and user level
- Creating and evolving scaled ecosystem delivery frameworks alongside your Business Process Transformation colleagues to ensure we increase speed to market over time
What you have
- Strong proven business leadership and ability to drive multi-discipline, multi-level teams to deliver exceptional results
- Strong influencing and motivating skills; demonstrated success in building credibility and strong relationships with peers and key stakeholders (at the Director and VP level)
- Demonstrated experience in enabling change and building/leading major components of a critical cross-enterprise transformation initiative, including strategy, structure, methods, resources/skills, etc.
- Ability to partner with internal technology partners at the Director to VP level to ensure methodologies meet the needs of technical and business stakeholders
- Expertise in and proven application success with Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, journey mapping, design thinking, BPM, business modeling, financial modeling/forecasting, digital process automation, and other process optimization/innovation frameworks
- Proven ability to manage complex planning processes across a number of inflight initiatives, and to manage a portfolio of projects/work streams
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Advanced problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Exemplary business intuition and judgment to help the team solve problems in a way that drives continuous improvement across the program
- Prior experience in financial services, industrial engineering, transformation, consulting, or product management preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.