Trading Operations- Margin Services
Margin Services protects the firm from risk exposure by monitoring accounts to ensure compliance with FINRA, SRO and Schwab rules and regulations. Margin Services imposes trading restrictions on accounts for trade settlement violations. Margin services reviews money due, stock due and various risk reports. We handle inquiries from both internal and external clients regarding buying power, funds available and day trading.
What you are good at
- Resolve margin-related issues with both internal and external clients.
- Monitor and resolve margin calls, resolution of debit balances and short positions.
- Explain and apply industry rules, regulations and policies.
- Enforce regulations and restrictions.
- Analyze credit, trade, cashiering reports to mitigate risk.
- Take inbound telephone calls from internal employees, external clients, and make outbound calls as appropriate.
What you have
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required.
- Trading experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills and diligence in researching problem accounts.
- Interested individuals should have a basic working knowledge of margin rules and formulas.
- Solid knowledge of balance, position, and transaction systems.
- Candidates must be flexible and comfortable with changing work duties.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask are critical.
- Ability to deliver complex information while maintaining a positive client experience.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
Relevant Work Experience
- 1 year Schwab experience or related industry experience 2+ years.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.