Transformation Program Manager
The Operations Transformation Organization (OTO) is responsible for redefining Operational Services into a highly scalable organization, while creating a culture of excellence in how we create shared value for clients, handle risk, cultivate talent, and collaborate with partners across the firm. The Transformation Management Office is seeking a Program Manager to focus on the Organizational Change portfolio of projects. The Program Manager will own identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating sources engaged in the Organizational Change project portfolio. They will engage working groups developed by the portfolio to assess, decision, and report on portfolio progress, risks, issues, and health.
This portfolio will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes and policies, systems, technology, job roles, mentalities and behaviors, and organization structures. The role assumes responsibility for supporting organizational and OTO leadership in their efforts to gather the value defined for critical initiatives. The ideal candidate will pair analytical skills and a data-focused outlook with strong intuition. They will demonstrate the ability to spot risks and ask the right questions to ensure the appropriate trade-offs are considered.
What you are good at
- Strategic analysis, including framing problems, structuring analysis, proposing creative options, and facilitating decision making
- Responsible for participating in department wide strategy discussions interfacing directly with team members and partners in technology and business teams, proposing, developing and refining plans. Taking these plans and communicating them out to their teams, building awareness and seeking to delivery.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research and synthesizing findings to measurable recommendations
- Independently researching new methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrating sound business judgment and instincts to make effective business decisions
- Logical and confident verbal communication with strong active listening skills and the ability to explain sophisticated ideas
- Written communication including developing presentations for senior executive audience i.e., story lining and crafting visually compelling slides
- Coordinating and operationalizing large-scale programs in the financial services or operational spaces
- Identifying and cataloging all work efforts, ranking timeliness and criticality, and identifying potential early wins
- Detailing current and target resource utilization, and identifying resource gaps
- Facilitating monthly prioritization and resource allocation reviews
- Performing current and future state analyses
- Coordinating, facilitating and aggregating reporting of program work stream status, key risks and issues
- Preparing artifacts and results for partner and leadership review and publication.
What you have
- 8 + years of project portfolio management experience, handling a portfolio of projects, with emphasis on projects that support transformation
- Demonstrated experience driving business projects with multi-discipline teams delivering results that impact the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. This role is not a good fit for a project/program manager with a history of driving technology related projects.
- Experience influencing across organizational boundaries
- Strong influencing, coaching and mentoring skills; demonstrated success in building credibility with peers and key partners (often at a VP and SVP level) to drive action and change through focused execution of business priorities
- Superior analytical capabilities and validated experience in handling a collection of projects/work streams.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a highly matrixed organization
- Self-starter who can drive and execute against outcomes
- Sound business and technical acuity
- Focused and versatile teammate that is confident under pressure
- Demonstrated and applied experience establishing and delivering sophisticated projects
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences.
- Ability to distill information to communicate the right message
- Excellent problem-solving and advanced critical-thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies
- Preference given to applicants with a background in Financial Services
- MoP, LPM, or PfMP certifications are a plus
- BS/BA degree in program/project management or other relevant field or equivalent experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.