Director - Digital Product Management
The Digital Investing and Reporting team is responsible for business strategy, offer design, product management and process improvement for Schwab’s digital investment experiences. Our mandate is to design and optimize the combination of services, products, and tools to deliver an experience that exceeds clients’ expectations. To do this, we work with partners and delivery organizations to ensure key processes / interactions are designed and executed smoothly. We also manage tradeoff decisions and priorities to enhance the overall client experience and drive revenue growth.
Brief Description of the Role:
The Performance Reporting Platform Director will be responsible for leading a team of product owners who are building and delivering investment performance reporting solutions to Schwab’s retail customers. The person in this role will have the opportunity to drive cross-enterprise portfolio management solutions in support of client reporting offers across Schwab’s digital channels, driving execution of enterprise capabilities that empower both our clients and Schwab representatives that support them. The ideal candidate will have a strong blend of Agile product ownership, personnel leadership, and project management experience, as well as prior experience with personal finance and investment portfolio management solutions.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Lead the transformation of our enterprise level investment performance reporting capabilities as we modernize how and where we provide insight into client’s investment portfolios
- Recruit, lead, coach, and inspire a team of seasoned product owners supporting high quality, digital reporting capabilities.
- Close collaboration and partnership with user experience teams integrating performance reporting into our client and employee channels
- Hands-on support and guidance in managing the overall product vision, from executive level roadmap communication down to Agile team epic review and refinement
- Foster a deep understanding of our client’s needs, where our client reporting can support and simplify their financial lives, and key ways in which we can improve the delivery and quality of investment advice they get from Schwab everyday
- Interact with the business and technology leaders across Schwab. This role requires significant cross-organization leadership and management to understand business needs and ensure product success across multiple user experience platforms.
- Evaluate strategic, tactical and risk management impacts of alternative trade-off decisions in the context of our product vision, goals, and strategy, proposing sound, well-supported, fact-based recommendations to leadership.
- Drives stakeholder and organizational alignment and agreement on product priorities, business strategy, trade-off decisions and investment. Provides critical business direction, guidance and decisions to product development and delivery teams.
What you have
- Curiosity, a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple project deliverables with minimal direction
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions and progress in the face of ambiguous and at times overlapping priorities; i.e. Managing to fixed scope and date scenarios
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams in a highly compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner.
- Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to create, implement and evolve our reporting solutions offering tangible, measureable client results.
- Prior experience as an Agile Product Owner (Scrum/XP), with a deep understanding of the critical skillsets leveraged, including:
- Product roadmap development and communication
- Backlog grooming and prioritization
- Partnership with architecture and engineering teams to ensure complete product definition, including both functional and non-functional requirements
- Acceptance criteria and KPI implementation to drive product level Definition of Done
- Cross-team prioritization and dependency management in a scaled Agile environment
- 5+ years’ experience providing end-to-end business direction and digital product leadership for technology solutions in the financial services industry.
- 3+ years’ experience people management; proven track record of building and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Bachelor's degree required. Post graduate degree is a plus.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.