Software Development Lead
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a Senior Staff Software Development Technical Lead who will excel leading a scrum team in a dynamic fast-paced environment. PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications. The right candidate will have experience with Development best practices, like SOLID principles, and proven experience performing all Development related functions; including, but not limited to: following coding standards, unit test creation and code reviews. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team. PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications.
What you are good at
This position is a technical leadership position that combines regular software development and team facilitation. The tech lead will be expected to lead a high-performing team and deliver high quality releases in a fast-paced agile development environment. This role will also be responsible for helping unblock the rest of the team so that they can work efficiently on their assigned tasks. In addition, the tech lead will help drive cross team technical initiatives and adoption of modern SDLC best practices. Lastly, the tech lead will mentor junior developers and testers in the team to help them grow.
What you have
- 2+ years’ experience working as a tech lead or any role in that capacity.
- 7+ years’ experience developing commercial application on Windows platforms using C#/C++ and .NET.
- 3+ years’ experience developing web services – preferably REST services. Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
- 3+ years programming experience with NoSQL and/or SQL databases o Experience with unit testing and history of successful driving quality strategy.
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff.
- Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment.
- BS or higher in computer science or related technical field.
- Facilitating communication of requirements, scoping and design decisions between team members, architects and product owners.
- Working closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities.
- Participating in product roadmap discussion and long term planning for your team.
- Developing tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team.
- Leading design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes.
- Performing thorough design reviews and code reviews.
- Hands on coding, unit testing and production issue troubleshooting.
- Mentoring junior staff in the team and helping them reach their career goals.
- Being the main point of contact and subject matter experts on your product domain.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.