Software Tester III
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The right candidate will have experience with QA best practices and proven experience performing all QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; creating automation scripts; and reviewing regression results in order to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Participate in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing; Establish the purpose and deliverables of the test effort; and Develop and implement test plans/cases
- Develop and help maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments
- Contribute to the definition, development and implementation of quality assurance practices and procedures and other QA assessments
- Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile Scrum methodology
- Establish fact based measurements of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness; examples include: defect densities, defect counts, code coverage and automation counts
- Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to management
- Work collaboratively with development to identify testability of the architectural design and application code while infusing Quality into the teams deliverables
- Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects
- Responsible for estimating, coordinating and directing testing for multiple products/projects
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field
- 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance for highly complex projects related to distributed platform or mainframe batch applications
- Proven experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools
- Experience in automating RESTful and Web Services, Micro-Services and data processes (extracting/loading)
- 3 years of experience with a subset of the following:
- Developing with C# and Microsoft .Net platform
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, Protractor, Visual Studio or Parasoft SOATest
- Experience with a SQL or NoSQL database like Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, transfer or data delivery technologies
- Experience testing services – preferably REST
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture by contributing to automated unit and integration tests
- Engage in testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle, and increasing QA breadth and depth of knowledge of the Banking applications
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Experience with Agile Development Practices, Scrum and supporting apps: Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Jira, GIT and TFS Team Explorer
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and stay on top of new and emerging technologies
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Become familiar with the DevOps culture and practices, be ready to put to use immediately and incrementally
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry will make ramp up easier
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.