Manager, Payroll Consulting
Schwab Retirement Plan Services (SRPS) is one of the leading providers of bundled retirement plan services. For mid to large sized companies, Schwab offers full-service retirement plans featuring complete retirement services from a single source. Schwab’s combined expertise in recordkeeping and related services, investment choice and award-winning participant experience and education (including retirement plan advice) and high-end technology helps employers offer competitive employee benefits. As a group we work to unburden our clients in automating procedures and processes to help reduce the clients' time needed to supervise daily administration of their plan.
What you are good at
The Payroll Analysis & Consulting Team Manager is a leadership position responsible for creating and maintaining a positive work environment that fosters employee engagement. This team handles the flow and impact of data within the recordkeeping system, retirement plan design, and providing in-depth consultative services to SRPS plan sponsors. In order for Schwab to accurately administer all features of a client's plan accurately & efficiently, we need to ensure we receive accurate data from each plan and/or their 3rd party payroll vendor. This data is typically passed via a recurring payroll feed each pay cycle and contains both financial and demographic information. Getting the ongoing inbound and outbound data feeds established is critical to the success of the plan's administration, as the data housed within these feeds impact everything from account setup, to contributions into the plan, clear through to retirement and the participant's ability to disburse funds from the plan. The Payroll Analysis & Consulting Team Manager’s primary role is to provide effective coaching, mentoring and development of team members, influencing positive change within the offer and supporting activities that enhance customer experiences and reduce risk. They will also have oversight of the team ensuring that service level guarantees are consistently met, internal partners are satisfied with the execution and timeliness of requests, and external clients’ requests are treated with the utmost care and urgency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicating directly with the team, internal and external partners, plan sponsors and 3rd party payroll vendors.
- Proactive team and project management and consulting of payroll changes, including onboarding new employees and coaching existing ones.
- Coaching and developing the talents of the individuals of the team.
- Clearly communicating and holding team accountable to agreed-upon expectations.
- Collaborating with both internal and external partners on payroll data needs that optimize Schwab’s ability to service/administer retirement plans, drive administration efficiency, mitigate financial risk due to data related issues, and improve client experience.
- Knowledge of the daily operational processes of the department in order to ensure the right controls are in place.
- Maintaining quality control and procedures and build process improvements in order to meet key results and exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring team’s daily work is completed in a timely manner by monitoring workflow and raising needs to leadership.
What you have
- 5-7 years of experience in Qualified Retirement Plan Administration or similar financial industry or payroll related role.
- Track record of excelling in a team-based culture.
- A Client-First Attitude. At Schwab, we seek to view our business “Through Clients’ Eyes”.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with various departments and levels of leadership to ensure that daily client and participant deliverables are met.
- Solid business acumen, attention to detail, flexibility, and judgment to evaluate issues/problems of high complexity and make sound decisions
- Ability present success stories to current clients, prospective clients, partners, and leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfortability presenting to clients and internal departments.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, knowing how and when to call on other resources.
- Challenging the status quo and follow through on new solutions.
- Proven record of influencing others with reasoned debate and dialogue rather than consensus building.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and OneNote.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.