Business Systems Analyst, Reference Data Platform Strategy & Support
Schwab Operations provides operational support for all Schwab enterprises including, but not limited to, Advisor Services, Investor Services and Schwab’s International business. Schwab Operations supports external and internal clients, Branch Financial Consultants and Independent Investment Advisors to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by creating and delivering a world-class operational support experience while also focusing on employee loyalty and team collaboration.
The Reference Data Platform Strategy & Support organization alongside with Customer Account Technology is responsible for facilitating the modernization and maintaining the viability of Schwab systems that support account open and maintenance, client onboarding, transfer of assets, cashiering and fraud prevention. The team leverages its business and technical expertise in partnership with business and technology stakeholders to implement a strategic vision for the platform including participation in design, requirements development, prioritization, development, testing and certification activities. The Business Systems Analyst plays a critical research and requirements development role to directly document requirements as well as inform decisions that will shape the future state of the Platform and improve our ability to respond to the changing needs of our business partners.
What you are good at
Within this team, the Business Systems Analyst will report to the Managing Director overseeing the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) project in accordance withSEC Rule 613 and national market system. Rule 613 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 requires national securities associations to submit data to the SEC to create a consolidated audit trail (the “CAT”) that would allow regulators to more efficiently track all activity in U.S. equity and listed options markets. The individual in this role will collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders in defining scope, interpreting and translating CAT Customer & Account Technical Specifications, and identifying interdependency across the project and modernization portfolio. The role will require the BSA to utilize business and technical knowledge in addition to maintaining business and technology alignment. The ideal candidate shall possess a good understanding of the securities industry, software development life-cycle, and have excellent communication and organizational skills in addition to a holistic view for their products.
- Serve as the initial contact between regulatory agencies, our business and technology partners to triage enhancement requests, ensure clear understand of the desired business objective, and how the new functionality supports firm wide business strategies
- Conduct requirement-elicitation meetings with appropriate parties (i.e. users, developers, architects, system integrators, project services, vendors, etc.) to understand the context of critical stakeholder needs, pain points and business impact
- Engage with Business and Technology Architects to determine architectural impact to the Platform and potential impact to and dependency on other Platforms
- Implement and adopt usage of processes or tools that allow appropriate documentation and visual illustrations of the business problem, use cases and future/current state processes to be shared for common understanding
- Develop expert ‘As Is’ knowledge of platform systems and help define ‘To Be’ system solutions and flows
- Learn all CAT business processes and system flows at a high level, and some flows in extreme detail
- Work in conjunction with Product Owners, Architects, and Developers to share knowledge gathered in the initial review of projects that will allow for ease of transitioning to the implementation phase of the project
What you have
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Work in environment with a high level ambiguity or unknowns and ability adapt accordingly
- Ability to negotiate and persuade business partners across many organizations and at differing levels of the company
- Strategic mindset to help drive product management decisions, governance, and long-term vision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights, and identify synergies between disparate concepts
- Confidence in presenting both strategic and tactical vision to the team and across several layers of management for both big-picture planning and day-to-day management of project goal
- Ability to align and unify ALL stakeholders to a shared vision and a common focus
- Product and project management skills; business judgment, including ability to balance resources, evaluate and address risks, and concisely articulate where trade-off decisions are to be made
- Strong orientation to clients, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to product enhancements, online user experience, and communication content
- Ability to analyze and communicate technology recommendations to business stakeholders
- Proven ability to write business requirements, including user stories, use case development and work flow documentation
- High attention to detail and the ability to see things through from concept to implementation
- Securities Industry/Operational background preferred, a focus on cash management solutions
- Prior working knowledge of JIRA or any related Scrum tools preferred
- Competence in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with relational and document driven database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
You demonstrate these leadership profile behaviors:
- Purpose Driven: Have a customer-centric (external & internal) thought process when analyzing and evaluating enhancements; maintain alignment with “Through Clients’ Eyes”
- Relationship Oriented: Build trusted and long lasting partnerships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization. This is critical to communicating and attaining a shared vision and a common focus.
- Collaborative: Capitalize on the diverse experience and expertise of colleagues and build commitment around vision and priorities; collaboration is a fundamental aspect of Agile development.
- Challenger: Propose innovative business solutions that would potentially benefit our customers; create increased efficiencies, greater governance and scalability for future growth.
- Courageous: Demonstrate self-confidence in your abilities and be willing to speak up to the right person or group at the right time when he/she disagrees with a decision or strategy. Approach challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
- Overcomes Barriers: As a team member, possess the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively. This role requires the individual to work cross-functionally and across the enterprise. The ability to influence our partners to work with a cooperative spirit is important to the role.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.