Manager, Investor Services Strategy
Charles Schwab's Investor Services (IS) Strategy group is the internal strategy group for the retail business unit of the firm, which manages approximately 50% of the firm’s assets and generates over 70% of its revenue. The IS Strategy group is one of the main intake points for premier talent at Schwab, providing members with an unparalleled opportunity to work on the major strategic and operational issues confronting the business while gaining visibility among the firm's executive and senior leadership.
The team is responsible for:
- Insights: Deliver world class strategic insights and recommendations
- Analysis: Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions
- Prioritization: Drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest value issues across Schwab
- Communication: Develop high impact presentations for key audiences, including the c-suite, Board, analyst community, and regulators
- Partnership: Cultivate strong relationships with business partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
Strategy Managers report to Managing Directors and interact with senior members of Schwab’s leadership team and executive partners within the business units. Representative project work includes branch network expansion strategy, cross-sell strategy, “the next trillion” dollars of asset growth, international expansion, the future of advice at Schwab, etc.
What you are good at
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues
- Gathering data through research and interviews
- Planning and executing their own work streams for discrete projects or subsets of projects
- Generating creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Ensuring quality control of data/research and preparing presentation materials for senior management
- Developing strategic insights that will drive sustained growth in our business
What you have
- 2+ years of work experience preferably with a top-tier consulting firm, financial services firm, Strategy group at a large organization, or in investment banking
- Prior experience in financial services including experience with financial markets, products, technology and/or the fee-based investment advisory market preferred, but not required
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to work across several projects concurrently
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness
- Advanced capabilities in MS Excel and PowerPoint
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.