Product Owner - Asset Allocation Technologies
The Schwab Center for Financial Research (SCFR) is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner/Manager to lead the delivery of a new enterprise asset allocation management and distribution system that will underpin portfolio management activity for billions of dollars of Schwab client assets. This new system will (1) identify all asset classes and benchmarks used in strategic portfolio allocation, (2) allow management of multi-tier asset class hierarchies, (3) administer the asset class rules used to classify investments into their appropriate domain, and (4) distribute model portfolios and weights, stratified by client risk appetite. This system will complement the many other systematic investment advice products managed by SCFR for use by Schwab’s retail and institutional clients.
Product Owners at Schwab develop and maintain a vision for their products and are responsible for communicating that vision to the engineering teams and key stakeholders. They specify product features from conception to retirement and work with tech leaders, architects, UX designers, and engineers to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met. The PO owns the product development roadmap and ensures that all business stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. This role requires expertise on both the engineering and business sides of the product and is ultimately responsible for delivering high-quality, performant solutions that address the needs of internal users and the broader organization.
If you are ready to apply your energy and expertise to a challenge that spans the domains of investing and technology, this opportunity is for you.
What you are good at
As the Product Owner, you will drive the design, development, and enterprise integration and sustainment efforts for Schwab’s asset allocation management and distribution system. Success in this role requires you to:
- Create and own a vision for the product that addresses business goals and priorities while considering technology capabilities and resource constraints
- Develop a strategic product roadmap oriented toward delivering business outcomes consistent with the product vision
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to discover business requirements and refine them into appropriately detailed user stories for the development teams to implement
- Work with UX designers and engineers to create intuitive interfaces that will enable end users to effectively build and deploy complex enterprise asset allocation models
- Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories in line with the roadmap and vision
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Act as an ambassador and evangelist for the product with a broad range of internal stakeholders; drive internal adoption and implementation projects
What you have
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability as a Product Owner/Manager, leading teams in a sophisticated enterprise environment where successful projects often require coordination across multiple teams
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and empathy to enable you to truly understand customer needs and relentlessly strive to deliver solutions that meet those needs
- Track record of delivering technology products and strategic business capabilities that “move the needle” and meet or exceed goals
- Experience on a Product Management team within financial services strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile and/or Scaled Agile practices, a plus.
- Analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
Target Total Compensation -121,000 - 242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.