Sales Data Product Owner -Schwab Asset Management Solutions
The Senior Manager, Data Integration Product Owner will be a part of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS). The overall SAMS team is passionately committed to providing solutions that help Schwab clients achieve their financial goals. SAMS includes:
- Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the investment advisor for the Schwab Funds mutual funds and ETFs also includes our Schwab Managed Portfolios, Windhaven Investments and ThomasPartners.
- Charles Schwab Investment Advisory (CSIA), includes Schwab Intelligent Portfolios.
- The Schwab Center for Financial Research (SCFR), who provide industry insights for investors
- The Asset Management Client Solutions (AMCS), responsible for leading Schwab’s 3rd party platforms, offering Mutual Funds, Managed Accounts, ETFs, Annuities & Insurance, and Alternative Investments.
Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $600 billion under management in mutual funds, ETFs, and separately managed accounts. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, multi-asset, asset allocation strategies, and money markets funds. As the SAMS Data Integration Product Owner supporting multiple Sales channels (Retail, Direct, and Institutional), you will be responsible for the successful business implementation of data integrations for our firm’s Customer Relationship Management platform, Sales Enablement tools, production processes and workflows. You will work directly with the SAMS technology development and leadership team, Regional Directors, Business Development Officers, National Account Executives, Regional Investment Consultants and Client Portfolio Managers to ensure that this centerpiece of our infrastructure and production business strategy is built and released effectively and efficiently and in order of business priorities. You will play a critical role in our ongoing movement to support the implementation of our technology and production business platforms across all SAMS Sales Channels.
What you are good at
You will provide product leadership in these main disciplines for the SAMS Sales team:
- Ability to work with solution architects to translate business requirements into user facing metrics, data integration, and data modeling designs
- Perform Data Profiling for upcoming Feature Development
- Communicate data requirements to the SAMS technology development and data sourcing teams
- Verify that data feeds, load processes, and exception management processes are built to meet business requirements
- Deep understanding of the SAMS Data Ecosystem and how each application interacts
IT Project Governance and User Acceptance
- Work with the SAMS Sales Product Owner that oversees the roadmap to agree and execute on near and long-term priorities and deliverables
- Key participant in quarterly planning for data-focused development team and in Scrum of Scrums to maintain alignment with partner teams
- Validate and provide approval that user stories have been executed correctly against acceptance criteria
Production Business Process oversight
- Define the operating workflow for bringing all data and production elements into production as functions are incrementally released
- Create the operations procedural playbook for each release to production and implement these controls as each release is rolled out across the business teams
- Collaborate with the Technology Support team to ensure their production processes and escalation procedures are in place prior to each release
Product coordination and support
- Coordinate with VPs, SAMS Technology, Vendor Management, middle and back office for critical production processes
- Work closely with business continuity team to plan for key investment management processes across all equity and multi-asset strategy business units
- Coordinate across Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Management, Data Stewardship and Data Governance teams to ensure completeness of solutions
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have
- Minimum 5-7 years of product ownership/product management experience in the asset management industry; knowledge of Sales and Distribution strongly preferred
- Experience with operational and analytical data models, as well as various data integration patterns and the use cases they support
- Experience representing data stakeholders in the implementation of customer relations management and sales enablement solutions
- Experience with Data Integration, Data Visualization, and Reporting Requirements authoring, and Data Profiling techniques to refine those requirements
- Experience collaborating with data and technology teams to implement Sales Supporting platforms
- A drive to maximize efficiency through exception-driven resolution processes
- A passion for learning and a spirit of continual self-improvement.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
- Sufficient depth of experience to interact effectively with Regional Directors, Business Development Officers, National Account Executives, Regional Investment Consultants and Client Portfolio Managers via meetings, presentations, and written reports
- Experience with customer relationship management (Salesforce) and sales enablement tools (Marketo, Customer Collaboration tools)
- Scrum or SAFe Product Owner certification(s) (e.g., PSPO, CSPO, SAFe POPM)
- Experience with Database Integrated Development Environments (e.g., SQL Server Management Studio) and querying languages (e.g., SQL)
Target Total Compensation – 121,000-242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.