Senior Manager, Legal Support
Under the general direction of legal counsel, provide legal support for Schwab’s mutual fund and exchange traded funds (ETF) product platforms. This position will be responsible for assisting counsel in executing legal transactions related to the product platforms, including but not limited to preparing, drafting, and processing contracts and other legal documents, assisting with regulatory filings, and researching, reviewing, and interpreting legal documents for validity, content, accuracy, and compliance with applicable regulatory and firm guidelines. Provide legal project management and independent leadership for key strategic growth initiatives related to the third-party product platforms.
What you are good at
Demonstrated experience in support of a major broker-dealer’s mutual fund/ETF product platform, with a deep understanding of operational and legal considerations in support of a mutual fund and ETF marketplace. Successful applicant will be proficient in contract drafting and negotiating agreements with asset management firms (including but not limited to mutual fund and ETF platform services agreements). Prior matrixed or direct people management skills a plus. Project management experience strongly preferred.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree. Paralegal certificate a plus but not required.
- 7+ years legal experience in the securities industry (such as in a large broker-dealer or mutual fund firm) with direct experience in support of mutual fund and ETF contracts and related legal documents. Law firm experience in a practice related to financial services may be substituted for in-house experience.
- Strong drafting skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to independently research regulatory matters, fund registration statements and contract terms, and synthesize relevant materials in support of legal counsel and senior leaders.
- Familiarity with various securities industry regulatory electronic filing systems.
- Desire to engage with counterparties and hone negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills with the ability to manage sophisticated projects involving all staff levels, outside counsel, and service providers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong work ethic and be a self-motivated professional with the ability to work independently.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.