Senior Scrum Master
We are looking for a talented and technical Sr Scrum Master to join the Digital Accelerator team to build customer facing interactive web applications. This position will be part of Digital innovation at Schwab, focused on improving our products for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. We collaborate with user experience and design, business, and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about. Ideal candidate enjoys fast-paced environment, thrive under ambiguity, and embrace change passionately. Ideal candidate has a hands-on role in managing the Scrum process within software development teams. They help their teams adopt and improve on the Scrum methodology. They coach their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. Have above average communication and facilitation skills, are well organized, and exhibit above average follow-up and follow-through skills. They facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. They evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles.
What you are good at
Responsible for overseeing all task activities assigned to the Scrum team are performed in a timely manner with minimal technical debt, while maintaining the highest quality of performance. Will interface with client personnel and use oral and written communications skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders. Will lead a Scrum team to perform planning, development and testing on a large software development, implementation and integration project. Conduct all Scrum related activities, including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospective and client demos. Interface with product owners on an active basis to manage product backlog and sprint activities. Remove obstacles and manage risks to enable team efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported on a daily basis. Must have experience managing software development projects, preferable managing or performing software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach. PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred. Ability to apply scrum estimation techniques to software development efforts, strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills.
What you have
· Certified Scrum Master
· 5+ years experience leading technical scrum teams in delivery high quality digital solutions with .net-based or java based web applications
· 3+ years of experience facilitating the scrum practices (leading ceremonies, empowering teams, identifying coaching opportunities)
· High level of computer literacy; ability to learn new tools and products quickly
· Understanding and experience with broad technical skills across multiple domains (technology, information, process, applications, etc) and platforms (mainframe, client-server, web-based, PCF, etc) and databases DB2, MongoDB
· Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring and support, etc
· Financial, Trading, brokerage services industry experience is a plus
· Proven ability to remove blockers, assist decision-making, escalation-timing
· A skilled facilitator that is creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
· Prior experience leading and coaching teams to deliver with a consistent or increasing velocity
· Experience with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat
· Content Management and tagging ( Acquia, Tealium)
· Experience and working knowledge of Agile Development Practices, iterative development and methodologies in large cross functional organizations
· Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
· Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
· Understanding of QA practices
· Experience with full software development life cycle through deployment
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.