Sr. Java Engineer - Remote
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to bring value to our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for hardworking, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with experience building reliable systems, preferably in the financial services space. Our team is working to bring Thematic Investing to Schwab clients – working on interesting algorithms related to basket tracking, data engineering and NLP, with all of our services running in the cloud.
What you are good at
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise.
- A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities and solid knowledge base are key essentials for success.
- A desire to learn and work with interesting and new technologies while driving innovation
- Collaborate within and outside the team to identify and solve problems.
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained.
What you have
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in a programming language, such as Java and Python.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform technologies (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, PCF).
- Experience designing and developing data systems at scale
- Experience using Agile methodologies is a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Always learning, positive can-do attitude and a strong team player.
- Build RESTful APIs for core capabilities related to personalized investing
- Interact with AWS managed services and build shared libraries that can be used across multiple teams
- Write extensive and reliable tests at all parts of the test pyramid
- Contribute to architectural decisions related to the platform
- Build reliable data pipelines using Python and Scala (with Apache Spark) to ingest, process and transform data
- Write algorithms that interact with the processed data to transform datasets into portfolios based on various parameters
- Continuously make improvements and optimizations so that we can build portfolios using large amounts of data in seconds
- Build infrastructure required to deploy the code in the cloud using Terraform
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.